Carnival Magic Manicure/Pedicure & Spa Services

Debbierpof

Almost time for our cruise! Trying to decide if it's worth doing a manicure and/or pedicure on the ship. Also, thinking of a massage as well. We are in a Cloud 9 balcony (excited about enjoying some of the spa amenities). It's not about the cost as much as the experience and results. Appreciate any comments!

My DD and I scheduled the Fire and Ice Manicure on the Magic online before the cruise for Mother's Day, elegant night, at 2 pm together.  We showed up for our scheduled appointment, with my confirmations for both of us, to find out their system only had me in it and not her. They said the only thing they could do was to do me then and reschedule her for the next day or reschedule us both for the next day, a sea day, for 5 pm.  We were disappointed because we wanted this for elegant night on Mothers day but rescheduled for the next day 5 so we could do it together.  They gave us a $10 discount for this inconvenience.  My manicure only lasted 1 day before it started chipping.  Plus the manicurist put some cream on my eyes to try to sell it to me and it caused my eyes to be all puffy for the next 2 days.  DD got talked into upgrading for $25 to Shelac (sp?) and hers lasted for 2-3 weeks.  Needless to say I wasn't very impressed with my experience.

Edited by Warm Breezes