Day trip: beach and Vista Point

Hello,

We are a family of 2 parents + 2 kids (ages 10 and 15).

We are visiting St. Thomas for the 1st time, as part of a a cruise with Royal Caribbean - from 12 PM till 8 PM.

My plan includes a beautiful beach (Magen bay?) and a vista point.

1. Is Magen Bay a good choice? Other suggestions?

2. Which vista point is recommended: Mountain View or Charlotte Amalie Overlook?

3. If I don't book an excursion, can I take a taxi in the pier to drive us to the beach, then to the vista point, and back to the port?

Thanks!

Looking at the Google Maps I see that Paradise Point is ~ 20 minutes drive from Crown Bay. Does it worth it? In the photos it looks beautiful..

If we do decide to include it, how long will it take to take the tram, enjoy the view, then go down?

In this case, will the taxi driver wait for us, and drive us to a beach?

Which beach do you recommend?

Generally speaking we have 6-7 hours in total for this tour, and we want to include a beautiful vista point with amazing views, lunch, and beach time.

How do you recommend to organize the day?

Edited by FamilyWithKids2

Family: The taxis are generally shared vans and open safari trucks, so they don't wait for people. Well, if it's a tour that they are doing, they will hang around for everyone to get back on. I see that you got some other answers on another board.

The ride up to Paradise Point takes about ?10 minutes. How long you stay is up to you.😉 The cars are constantly moving, so another ?10 min. to go down again.

Best beach depends on what you want to do. Magens is great for hanging out in shallow water and playing on a long beach. If you want to snorkel, you might want to try another place, like Sapphire.