Restaurant in Liverpool suggestions - not too far from port

On the day we are in port in Liverpool, we are meeting up with a cousin from Yorkshire so he is not familiar with restaurants in Liverpool. I have mobility issues, and since the parking lot where my cousin would have to wait for us is too far for me to walk to from the ship, we will take a taxi and meet at a restaurant. I am looking for suggestions for a restaurant that has dining and bathrooms on the first floor and that is accessible without being in really heavy traffic (for both our taxi driver and for my cousin who is not familiar with Liverpool). I would

appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Erin Dreamer said:

On the day we are in port in Liverpool, we are meeting up with a cousin from Yorkshire so he is not familiar with restaurants in Liverpool. I have mobility issues, and since the parking lot where my cousin would have to wait for us is too far for me to walk to from the ship, we will take a taxi and meet at a restaurant. I am looking for suggestions for a restaurant that has dining and bathrooms on the first floor and that is accessible without being in really heavy traffic (for both our taxi driver and for my cousin who is not familiar with Liverpool). I would

appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

I know in the USA they class it as the 1st floor, but, in the UK it classed as the Ground Floor and the 1st is actually what you'd class as the 2nd.  So you may need to be careful what you ask for.  Or you may find yourself climbing a flight of stairs.  All pubs and restaurants are required by law to have a 'Disabled Toilet' on the ground floor.

Matou is a Pan Asian restaurant not far from the cruise port and is right on the waterfront. There is a lift (elevator) up to the restaurant on the 2nd floor (3rd floor to you).  The restaurant has huge picture windows overlooking the river and there's a nice rooftop terrace overlooking the Liverpool skyline, nice to sit with a cocktail or glass of wine when the weather's nice. Toilets are also on this floor. The food is really good with an extensive menu.

http://www.matou.co.uk/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Lark Lane is a short 15 minute drive from the port, it has a very good selection of restaurants, Marantos is very good, any restaurant you Email will tell you about disabled access and bathrooms.

http://marantoslarklane.co.uk

One of the best Italians is Crust

https://www.crustliverpool.co.uk

The Woolton restaurant has toilets on the same floor, the Bold Street one is in the basement so may not be suitable.