Visas for Antipodean Travellers

casofilia

Many of us have been annoyed by the lack of assistance provided to Australians and New Zealanders by NCL who only seen to help North Americans when it comes to the Visa requirements for many countries.

I am about to travel on Princess and was astounded today to get a proforma email from them with lots of information.  If you want the information they told me regarding visas for Australian and New Zealand travellers look at the VISAS section at:-

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp?cid=dm_email_info_internal__precruise_pce2__pce2&eccn=&rrid=8559538185&mi_u=8559538185#Visas

It may not be fully applicable but I think it is more use that the non information from NCL.

Mike

That is nice that Princess puts that info out.  NCL has never given me guidance to get a VISA for travel to a foreign port. I hold a US passport. Any questions I would have would be answered via the US State Dept or the foreign countries’  consulate.  Has always been my responsibility to have visa in hand before travel.  Does NZ or Aus not have a foreign travel ministry or some other entity that citizens could obtain the required info?

Personally I use the Wikipedia website "Visas Requirements for New Zealand Citizens", look at the map and the details and then go from there with the countries consulate or embassy.

They have similar maps for most countries.  As we have dual citizenship I also always compare how the two line up.  There are many differences in requirements and costs as we have found for India and South Africa.