Thermal Area Cruise Pass - Online Booking

IronRobi

Looking for some input from anybody who may have already booked the Thermal Area Cruise Pass online through the MSC site.

When I look at the small thumbnail from the main spa section it says "$158 per person". When I click on details it says "$158 per person. Price valid for 2 people". And when I click on "Add to Booking" and select both of our names it gives me a warning "Please, be informed that you are purchasing a per-couple package 2 times." If I check some of the couples packages available it says the same thing. For example Golden Jasmine - For Couples says "$1,096 per person. Price valid for 2 people" and gives the same warning when I select both people.

So I thought I'd call MSC on their toll-free number for clarification. 45 minutes on hold I finally got someone and he had to go look it up. He came back telling me the pricing was $308 per person and that he could not add it on to my booking because I booked through a TA. So his advice was to e-mail a screenshot of where it says "Price valid for 2 people" to my TA and ask them to match that pricing.

The whole thing seems off to me. I've heard the MSC site is terrible to navigate and if you call them you'll get 5 different answers. So I'm wondering if anybody here has successfully booked the thermal area pass for 2 and how they did it? I've attached screenshots of everything I'm seeing for reference.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

The $158 per person sounds correct, we booked ours and it was £82 (with a discount) and it went through on our booking as £164 in total, so your total to cart should be $316, did you try adding it thought the MSC for me app ? that also allows you to add items to your cruise. If it does add it twice you can always cancel one of them. Hope this helps.

The $158 per person sounds correct, we booked ours and it was £82 (with a discount) and it went through on our booking as £164 in total, so your total to cart should be $316, did you try adding it thought the MSC for me app ? that also allows you to add items to your cruise. If it does add it twice you can always cancel one of them. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. $158 per person seems steep for a 7 night cruise compared to a lot of the prices I read about being in the $55-$90 per person range.

I checked on the MSC for me app and it lists thermal area couples passes and single passes which the website does not differentiate. But it does not show any prices or give me the option to add it to my Cruise.

I'm still waiting for my TA. She called in yesterday and coincidentally got the same person I was speaking with, but he wasn't able to help her either. aea715761b86424945f2b6a0c4f16033.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for any future searchers.

It took roughly 2 weeks for my TA to get a proper answer from the MSC call center. They had to escalate it to the manager of the call center because nobody seemed overly sure on how much the package was supposed to be and if it was for 1 or 2 people.

Ultimately they added it to the account at $158 for the couple based on the price valid for 2 people.

Since then, from the main package page, the price valid for 2 people has been removed and I've seen the wording change back and forth from $158 per person to $158 per package. So it seems they are still trying to figure it out on their end. 😛

• Like 1