Help!! Playa Mia Beach

CaribCruiser714

I've also found that the beach and water at Playa Mia is very rocky. It's almost too rocky to walk into the water. Has anybody else experienced this? I'm going in April and wondering if there's a beach that has better sand. Does anybody know about Paradise Beach - whether is better or not.

Thanks.

you can pay at the park. Also do a google search and you can pre-book. It's only a 5-10 minute cab ride from the pier and about $5/pp. Don't book on the ship. If you like a buffet, it's OK, but we ususally just get an order of fajitas, or nachos and don't pay for the full "all inclusive". By the time you get back to the ship they have lots of food available again. The beach is great -- we've gone several times, 1st finding it from a cruise vacaction, then realizing we did't need to book through the ship. We're going again in March. Enjoy!

Hello disneygirl8!

My advice to you is to stay clear of Playa Mia Beach!

My DH and I just returned home today from the 1/27 sailing onboard the Carnival Glory. The excursion we chose for Cozumel was Carnival's Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe - our excursion was anything but deluxe! I walked off the ship on my own two feet - I returned to the ship via a wheel chair thanks to the gross negligence of an employee of Playa Mia Beach. When we were there, on Monday January 29th, the beach had a sizeable amount of people on it as two Carnival ships were in port with both running excursions to Playa Mia Beach. My DH and I were lying down on our lounge chairs -under a beach umbrella which we took with us - when all of a sudden a heavy, flying object, flew out of the sky hitting my abdomen (on which I have had recent surgery) and causing me more pain than my surgery did!!! My husband immediately picked up the object which turned out to be a hard ball which one of the beach's employees had struck with a bat across the beach which was crowed with people!!!!:eek: Needless to say, as I was clutching my abdomen with tears running down my face, my DH went running on the war path to find the individual responsible for my injury and pain. It was not until he demanded that the police be called that any one on the beach's management staff offered us any assistance - which in the end really wasn't all that much - they paid our cab fare back to the ship!

Once back at the ship and after I was taken care of, my husband did file a report/complaint with Carnival Cruise Lines which we were told would be investigated by the cruise line.

My advice to you - find another beach in Cozumel to spend the day if you value your safety!!!!

Blondie

We have reserved the Playa Mia through royal carribean for Feb.28. If we get there later, will we not be able to enjoy the toys? We are going horseback riding first and then to the beach. Should I get a refund and go to Paradise Beach?

thanks

Carla

My advice is to skip Playa Mia (unless you are really into that particular beach club) and go to Paradise Beach. The beaches are neighbors (so to speak- and the "admission" is free. They have the same water activities as Playa Mia. I was at Paradise Beach last week and walked down to see Playa Mia and was not too impressed. At Paradise Beach we paid $15 for a cab (one way) from the pier and back (they are waiting in the parking lot of PB). We bought a wrist band for my two sons to use the water stuff ($8.00 each), and had lunch $55 for 5 people. The food was great and the atmosphere is very relaxing. There is a sign posted about a $10 consumption fee for people wanting to use the beach- but I thought that was reasonable request. All in all we spent $100 or so. I spoke with someone on the ship that did the Playa Mia excursion through Carnival and he spent like $30 pp and did have to get his own transporation- I know that price did included unlimited drinks (but I'm not a big drinker so it would be a waste for me)

Check out the Paradise Beach web site- also, there is an ongoing post that Paradise Beach Tom (the owner) posts on here is CC.

DITTO>>we did the same thing and never regreated ..since it did rain after we were there maybe one hour..We felt so sad for those that had paid all that money at Playa Mia. Paradise would be my choice again !

• 1 month later...

We are considering the Playa Mia beach for our tour while in Cozumel...I was wondering if any of the chairs at the pool have shade or can you still rent umbrellas for the beach chairs. My mom is 65 and does not like to be out in the sun much!!

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Shoretrips.com has a Fun in the Sun pkg which is Playa Mia ( I spoke to them and checked) includes non motorized toys, snorkle equipment, buffet and drinks and they say it reserves you a lounge chair for $49. 10 & up. You by pass the line with your voucher. Taxi is not included.

• 3 years later...

Archived