Skagway Fishing Question

the cruise is on

We will be in Alaska in eary June. We have looked at our schedule and other excursions we would like to take. After all of that decision making, my husband has decided that Skagway will be where he will have the time to go out on a fishing charter. The Skagway website lists the following fishing charters: Chilkoot Charters, Cocktaw Charters Fishing, Dockside Charters, Fishfull Think-N, and Skagway Small Boat Harbor.

We are wondering if any of you have had any experience with any of the above charters and would like to share your insight(s). All information will be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Captn Gus - I really don't know why I'm asking fishing questions - but here goes. He originally planned to try to fish in Ketchikan (I would like for him to go whale watching with me in Juneau). Our ship does not arrive until 10:00 am and leaves at 6:30 pm. He is concerned that our arrival time will not fit in with the boats departure. Any thoughts?

We schedule our fishing trips around the cruise ship schedules for the most part. I am sure you can find a 4 hour fishing charter that will fit your schedule. You will have to call around. It sounds like he will be a single, so he will have to get on with another group. Try Northern Lights Charters out of Ketchikan and talk to Ken at: http://www.ketchikanfishing.net

Fish On!

Capt. Gus

Thanks Captn Gus - I really don't know why I'm asking fishing questions - but here goes. He originally planned to try to fish in Ketchikan (I would like for him to go whale watching with me in Juneau). Our ship does not arrive until 10:00 am and leaves at 6:30 pm. He is concerned that our arrival time will not fit in with the boats departure. Any thoughts?

Ketchikan is the area of fishing. AND yes you certainly have time for fishing in Ketchikan. I too am a big advocated of Northern Lights charter, my family's preferred many time vender. :)

Archived