Bringing a DVD player onboard?

Bean8800

We have a portable DVD player that we always take for the plane ride. It makes the time go by very quickly for that purpose.

I know that some of the TVs have the jacks for DVD players but I wouldn't count on those.

Diane

Thank you for the feedback! We sailed in a Cat 12 on the conquest once, and they had a vcr on it, but this time we are in a Cat 8 on the Pride (leaving tomorrow -yay!) Since my husband and I work crazy hours, I'm just excited to stay in our room and watch movies which we never get to do!

I think I will try to bring our dvd player and a few movies and we will see.

Thanks again to all who wrote!

We haven't done it, but our TV did have the audio/video jacks on the front of the TV. Easily accessible. I can't imagine it would be a problem.

I am hoping that the TV in our room (on the Caribbean Princess) has those jacks! I look forward to connecting my digital camera to the TV to review pictures at the end of the day...

Pride (leaving tomorrow -yay!) Since my husband and I work crazy hours, I'm just excited to stay in our room and watch movies which we never get to do!
Couldn't you do that a lot cheaper staying at home and not spending $1000's of dollars? :D

Seriously, I guess your DVD player could come in handy, especially if it rains. Have fun!

We just got off of the Spirit, and brought our DVD player and used it, no problem. We also brought a VCR and used that. It may depend on what ship you are on and how the T.V. is set up, but why not just bring it? Also bring an extension cord and all of the cables and stuff. If you have any more questions, I will ask my husband about the details!:)

Archived