Conquest questions?

meanestmom

My husband,I and our 2 kids are booked on Dec. 3rd on the Conquest.We booked though our travel agent(air,hotel, tranfers,cruise) But Im kinda type A when it comes to traveling( Ive done a bit)and this is my 1st cruise so TELL ME Everything!!Sorry, but I just paid my deposit so Im really excited and probley long winded and ...Yadda..Yadda..:o

mom...We are booking the December 3rd sailing on the Conquest too. We are taking out two boys (7 & 3) for their first cruise. This will be the fourth for me and third for hubby. What ages are your kids? We are very excited everytime we cruise because it is like our first time everytime! You will never be the same and will be ready to book your next cruise before you get off the ship! Where is your cabin on the ship? We are booking our first balcony room! Can't wait!!!:)

Talk to you soon! Ask all the questions you want, people on this board are super helpful!

Oh, How cool is that to meet someone so early! We are takink our 2 girls 5+7 and my parents decided to tag along(81+75) so it should be interesting. We are in a balcony, too.My husband thinks this will be our only cruise (ha-HA). We are in 6032 or something like that. Upper deck,anyway.This is only my 2nd board so I hope Im doing it o.k. Are the balconies big enough for chairs? Thanks!!! GO Hawks!!!!

Mom - Welcome to the boards! Conquest is a great ship. We sailed with our three boys (14, 9 and 5). Camp Carnival is great with the kids; gives you some time to yourself.

You might also want to check the Carnival board - there are a number of threads about Conquest there.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the carnival boards. I need to know about the shows.Are they R rated? My parents (81+76) are pretty old fashioned. What about the topless deck? If my Dad accidently wandered up there he'd probley die of a heart attack- No joke. Thanks -Judy:rolleyes:

Mom...Haven't had a balcony yet this will be our first! WOOOHOOO!:) The topless deck is where I like to hang out. It is very quite and not many people up there. Good place to read and suntan. I take my headphones and book and lay out for as long as I can stand the sun. We haven't seen any boobs as of yet and you don't just wander to the deck. There are signs before you go through the door to enter that read...Tops optional, No cameras, No one under 18 allowed.

We will have to talk before the cruise to figure out where to meet up. Where do you live? We are in Oklahoma City. If you would rather email me directly mrscedwards@hotmail.com put Conquest in the subject.

Talk to you soon! Have a great day!:)

Judy - I would rate the main shows (the ones that are performed on formal nights) as PG, tops. The showgirls do wear showgirl-style costumes, but I thought it was pretty tame. (And usually there's a photo opportunity with one of the showgirls after dinner one evening.) The shows themselves are mainstream revues. The late shows may be R-rated, particularly the late-night comedian, but they warn you about them in the ship's newsletter, the Capers; they'll specify "adult-only". (I never stayed up late enough to attend....) As for the topless deck, it's tough to get there accidentally; it's two decks above the Lido deck, around the funnel. There are "adults-only" signs posted. The deck immediately above Lido is the walking deck for those who want to work off all the good food they've eaten, and the topless deck is the one above that. (It's only around the funnel; the forward decks above the Lido deck are open to all.) Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info about the topless deck. It actually sounds like a great place to hang out.Quiet, No kids-(not that I dont love my little darlings:( )My husband will be disappointed when I tell him you didn't see any boobs.Ha Ha . Do they have a bar there? Has anyone gone to the dances at night? My husband and I dont go much( we used to ,though) and since we have my parents on board with us ....Why the heck not?!? Thanks so much... This is fun.

The Conquest is a very nice ship. The crew seems very happy too. We enjoyed the service we received in dining room, lido restaurant, alt. restaurant and from our cabin steward.

Our cabin steward on the Conquest was one of our all time favorites. Since we were traveling with a close family friend with adjoining cabins, we had our 3rd child (2 yrs. at the time) sleep in our quad. The steward took an extra bedspread, made it into a mattress and made it just like a bed. He made a towel animal for each of our kids every night. The last night, we made a towel person for him with $50 in it's hand.

Conquest class ships have the biggest Camp Carnival. It is also well staffed and well run. You will not find a counselor you don't like. Our kids didn't want to leave. The first words my 2 year old spoke was Fre EEE (Fun Ship Freddy). He still sleeps with his Funship Freddy doll every night.

There is a magic show by Deja that is actually pretty entertaining. You can find holes in any production, but we thought this one was very well done for a cruise ship.

My son is familiar with ALL the Carnival slides and he proclaims the Conquest slides as THE BEST!

There is a seating area upstairs above Cezanne. Hardly anyone is willing to carry a tray of food up there. We ate there whenever we wanted to be alone. The only thing up there is Sur Mer, a fish & chips place that is open during lunch and dinner.

You'll love the Conquest. It's a FUN SHIP. It's too bad you'll be leaving from Galveston instead of NOLA. Navigating the Mississippi on such a huge vessel was one of the highlights of our Conquest cruise.

Enjoy!

mom...We just booked our cruise! We will be in cabin # 8276 port side mid ship.:D I can't wait!!!!!! So many days to wait! I just realized that our kids will be in the same Camp Carnival groups. 2 to 5 years and 6 to 8 years. What fun! By the way we are rooting for the Seahawks!:) Talk to you soon.

Cheryl

Hi okiemom. Did you get my e-mail? I just switched over to dsl and Im not sure my e-mail is set up yet. (Its problely the operator:confused: ) Anyway we are in room 6362. Our kids will have fun together. My kids are so excited but htey think were leaving next week....AUGHHHH Its going to be a loonngg 10 months.... Judy ( Thanks for rooting for our Hawks-12th man!!)

Hi okiemom, sorry it took so long to reply....Im going to try to e-mail you today. Im not sure if my e-mail is set up yet. I still havent got anything( no junk mail- nothing) so Im trying again with your new e-mail address you gave me. -Judy

Archived