question about NCL Jade Spa

spanishguy1970

We always take the spa pass on all our cruises however we believe the Thermal Suite on the Jade is the worst of all the ships. When they refurbished the Jade does that include the spa? or is it still the same. The last time we were on the Jade was 5 years ago, so wondering if anyone has been on it recently. Thank you. We are thinking about booking the Jade next year but it will probably be the first time we wont buy the spa pass.

thank you

The only spa I've been in is on the Jade, so I can't compare it with other ships. I had a thermal spa pass in January 2019. I thought the spa was nice. The women's only area included a decent sized hot tub with jets and bubbles, several loungers, a steam room, a cold plunge pool, plus nice showers and lockers. The coed area had a larger hot tub with recliners in the tub, several heated loungers, and a small refreshment area. My only quibbles were that I wish there were more heated loungers and that the coed hot tub was easier to enter/exit (I am mobility challenged). The whole spa area looked reasonably fresh, so I assume it was updated in the last dry dock.

Edited to add: you can ask to tour before buying. I did so to verify I could get in and out of the different tubs.

Edited by VirginiaIsForCruisers

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, spanishguy1970 said:

We always take the spa pass on all our cruises however we believe the Thermal Suite on the Jade is the worst of all the ships. When they refurbished the Jade does that include the spa? or is it still the same. The last time we were on the Jade was 5 years ago, so wondering if anyone has been on it recently. Thank you. We are thinking about booking the Jade next year but it will probably be the first time we wont buy the spa pass.

thank you

I was on her on Nov. 2017 and I liked it.  Distribution of the area is still the same as described in other posts.  Men and women steam and sauna rooms are separated, the co-ed area still has 6 heated lounge chairs and a therapy pool.

I booked her for 02/2021 and we definitely are going to buy the pass to the Thermal Suite.

🏻