My free/reduced Air experience

jgreenwo17

Hello,

I thought I would share my experience with  the NCL free/reduced air.

DW and I live in SLC, UT and are getting air for both at $99.00 to FLL. That is a pretty good deal compared to what it would cost on our own.  (Around $600).

We booked last April and did not find out who our air carrier was until just today.  We are 38 days out from our Panama canal cruise on the Joy.  (Our first with NCL).

As other posters have mentioned, you see hypothetical air itineraries listed.  Ours looked like American Airlines both ways at first, but then mysteriously changed to a Delta/American combination.

What did I learn?  Don't pay too much attention to what is on your NCL booking regarding your air arrangements.  If you want to get in a day early, make sure you pay the $25 deviation fee with NCL.  It would have been better to get in earlier but it is what it is.  

I'm not excited about a red eye flight but will take it since it is nonstop.  The flight home is also non stop but doesn't leave FLL until 06:00 pm!  We will surely do a tour/shore excursion on our last day to kill the extra time.  It might be better to explore Miami the last day instead of the day before departure,

Now the only other drama before our cruise is whether we get upgraded to the Haven!

Edited by jgreenwo17
fix typos

Great attitude!  I get that not booking your own flights can be nerve racking etc but it’s all how you look at it.  

We are completely expecting night flights home the day we get off the cruise, so we are treating it like another day of vacay.  We have booked a room at a hotel with a sunny, spacious pool deck and will spend the lounging about / recovering from our cruise.  If we happen to get an earlier flight booked, we will just cancel the hotel!  

All in all, the hotel cost (we actually booked on points) is still far less than paying for our flights.  

Happy Travels