Grand Cayman on our own.

AN19034

Hello,

first time cruiser and first time visit visit to grand cayman. 

When in port would like to visit:

turtle farm

hell

beach

local restaurant for lunch 

if time add on:

- rum distillery 

- rum cake 

my question is if we take a taxi to the turtle farm first, or I guess any location first, are there taxis that stick around when you’re ready to leave? Or would it be easy to get a bus? Just scared of getting stuck somewhere.

Thanks! 

When we were there we hired a guide right there at the tender area for the day, I'm thinking $80 for the day.  So basically had a private car and driver for the day.  We hit all of the local tourist spots on our own schedule and didn't have to wait for a gaggle of others waiting to get on the bus.  We also got to see a few local beaches that are typically not on the tourist route, stayed as long as we wanted in Hell (sounds funny doesn't it) and the driver gave us a tour of some new areas they were building as well as some information on local news and culture we wouldn't have received on a normal tour bus.  We didn't arrange in advance, just hired on arrival.  I don't think I would put my trust in hoping to get local buses (not sure they even have them) but taxi's would probably be ok.  You could just ask the taxi driver how much to drive you around for a few hours.  I've done that in many areas, not just Grand Cayman, with good results.