Statendam Aft Cabins Vibration & Noise

Putz

We're looking to book Nieuw Statendam for a Caribbean cruise in March 2020.  The best inside cabin we can get is an aft cabin on the 4th (Bethoven) deck (4192).  Is there much vibration or engine noise in this area?  The cabin is above the dining room, but away from the galley.  Have always booked mid-ship so no experience with aft cabins.  Any comments would be appreciated.

I have sailed more than 30 HAL cruises with all but a few in aft staterooms.  The sound of the wake helps give me a great nights rest.  Perhaps I am immune but I feel no more vibration in the aft compared to any other stateroom.

Being above the carpeted dining area will not be a problem.  What you will enjoy in an aft stateroom is the one minute ride down to the MDR as well as being so near the room service kitchen which means hot food.  The aft is also just a two minute elevator ride to the Lido Market for quick snacks.  The view from the aft covers both sides of the ship that others will not be able to see from their own balconies.  You will be able to enjoy a meal on your balcony while the ship is moving and feel no wind.  Your fellow passengers will be blown away while the ship is moving.

Once you go aft, you will keep booking HAL aft staterooms.