Help! 2 kids on Prednisone - flying Friday

smkerry

Help!

2 of our 3 kids were put on Prednisone today. Even worse, one is a 3 year old boy. We all know what Prednisone does to little boys.

We're flying from Phoenix to Ft. Lauderdale Friday and leaving on Voyager Saturday. They both suffer from occasional breathing problems and are not sick with anything contagious.

Questions:

1. Has anyone here been in our shoes? How did it go?

2. Does anyone know if there is anything we can give them to ease the effects of the Prednisone?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I've taken prednisone for poison ivy. Lots of people say it makes the patient very hyper. Are you up to two hyper kids on your cruise. Poor parents. Be careful when trying to counter the effects of the prednisone. Ask your prescribing doctor, please.

Help!

2 of our 3 kids were put on Prednisone today. Even worse, one is a 3 year old boy. We all know what Prednisone does to little boys.

We're flying from Phoenix to Ft. Lauderdale Friday and leaving on Voyager Saturday. They both suffer from occasional breathing problems and are not sick with anything contagious.

Questions:

1. Has anyone here been in our shoes? How did it go?

2. Does anyone know if there is anything we can give them to ease the effects of the Prednisone?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I was in a hurry when I posted this. Maybe I should re-word the 2nd question. Does anyone have any ideas about things/activities that will ease them while affected by the Prednisone.

I'm not asking for drug advice. That is what our family physician is for.

Hello:

We are on the same ship as you flying in to FLL on Saturday with an 8 year old and 5 year old. The 8 year old has allegeries and sinus issues, he has horrible time flying due to the pressure changes ect. We have flown with the kids often. On one occasion we brough portable DVD for them, that worked well. Another time we had coloring books and a gameboy for the kids. This worked well. The children were so tired on one trip they slept the whole time. Maybe we will see you at the meet and mingle.

Good Luck,

Bill

Archived