Oosterdam - Cat SB Aft cabin 7133 or Side?

Cruiser Nonna

Sailing on Oosterdam and thought I had chosen well with the category SB (deluxe verandah suite) - Cabin 7133 at the aft with the large verandah only to find out that the cabin is smaller 315 sq ft compared to the side cabins in category SB at 393 sq ft and verandah 117sq ft.

Has anyone sailed in either or both - thoughts about the choice. I have sailed on Celebrity and RCCL at the aft cabins however the cabin size has always been the same just the bonus of the larger balcony - now big decision - smaller cabin?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated

Cruiser Nonna

On the Vista class ships we have always chosen the SA - side suites - larger cabin but a smaller verandah which is completed covered. To us, the larger cabin is more important than the larger verandah.

7133 - people can see you from the Lido deck - not much protection there. And those cabins are smaller with a much larger verandah.

I have sailed in cabin 7133 and to us the location was perfect. The huge veranda more than made up for the reduced square footage. That said, it really depends on what is important to you. Friends of our preferred their side cabin (SA) and it was very spacious. The balcony was much smaller tan ours but also very nice.

One other point worth mentioning (as others on this board have previously stated) all aft cabins other than deck 8 are visible from the Lido deck. So if you desire privacy, the aft cabins might not be a good choice for you.

Thank you so much for your post. When you walked out of the door onto the verandah in cabin 7133 is there still some area that has an overhang or is the entire verandah open?

When you stand at the rail do you look down at the water or the next deck below? Also - when sitting on the verandah can you see the ocean or is the rail too high and you can only do that by standing? Last question (I think) - on the side verandahs do you remember if you could see the ocean sitting down or needed to stand up (plexiglass clear or covered)

THANK YOU so much for taking your time to help me - it is greatly appreciated

Cruiser Nonna

Nonna - I have been in a corner aft on the Zuiderdam and there is a little overhang right outside the cabin door and depending on the time of day, shade can be had on the side. The decks are stepped so you will see the decks below you if you stand near the rail (you will have plexiglass to the deck) but being in the aft, you will always see the wake and see the sea around you.

We have also been in a side suite (Maasdam) and my husband and I actually prefer those suites (plenty of verandah space for 2 or more people) in addition to a larger cabin and near the Neptune Lounge.

As you already know, the size and location of your cabin is a personal choice and only you know what factors are important in making your cruise the best it can be.

Have a great time in either cabin location!!!!

Archived