Any perks to suites?

kellyccz

I was just curious if you receive any perks when you are booked in a suite? I know on Carnival, you got priority boarding without having to wait in the line with everyone else - does MSC have this or any other perks?

I was just curious if you receive any perks when you are booked in a suite? I know on Carnival, you got priority boarding without having to wait in the line with everyone else - does MSC have this or any other perks?

I was in a suite (Category 10) on the Lirica last April and did not get anything special, that I was aware of. I embarked and debarked with everyone else and didn't receive any special "perks". It was nice to have the balcony.

• 1 month later...

Any Suite Holders find extra attention at boarding or for things like tenders?

From what I've read, our perks are all in the accommodations... balcony, fridge, tub, etc.

Doesn't really matter, nothing is going to spoil the trip or the wonder of the ports... perks or not!:D

• 2 months later...
Guest debbiejohncruise

We live in Belgium (Canadian couple) and want to do a Med cruise but don't see a lot of positive things being written about MSC lines. We have been only on 3 cruises but don't want to sail on a ship that doesn't get good reviews. No we don't only sail on ships for their opulence. We like the tours and the people we meet on them, no matter what nationality. One concern we do have, as we had cigarette smoke filter into our room on Celebrity, how is the smoke on board these ships? Bearable or not? I know Celebrity did try to solve the smoke issue by extra cleaning of the room next door, but my travel agent said maybe what cruise lines could do is have one side of the ship as non-smoking and the other as smoking like they do in the bars on board. Actually I am surprised they allow smoking in the rooms! Debbie

I have sailed on MSC 2 times, the Opera Jan 2005 and Lirica Dec 2005. One of my biggest problems onboard both ships with dealing with the smoking issues. It is everywhere with the exception of the dining room and theatre and there seemed to be no regard for one side of the ship or not like other cruise lines. I found on my 2 MSC cruises that there were alot of Europeans who seem to smoke more than us Americans these days and that contributed alot to the issue. In the evening I found myself having to detour around certain public areas due to the heavy amount of cigerette smoke and literally was not able to enjoy some of the lounges due to this.

And no, they do not have a filtering system like Celebrity does, I have been on 10 Celebrity cruises and you just cant compare the two.

Like I said, its been a while since my 2 cruises, maybe someone else can offer additional info on perhaps some changes for the better regarding the smoking issue. This was just my experience

Based on our Lirica Caribbean cruises this year, we have noticed the same about smoke onboard. You cannot walk on deck 6 from the main show lounge to the dining room without going through a smoke screen. Especially after the second show about 11:15pm. You walk through two lounges and they are filled with smoke. No way around it.

Other ships have smoke that you encounter, however, this is really bad since the ship and lounges are somewhat smaller.

Two major concerns on MSC are:

1. Food OK, but not up to other cruise line standards.

2. Smoking all over the ship.

Two Major Pluses on MSC are:

1. Ship is beautiful and exceptionally clean.

2. Friendliness of the staff.

Happy cruising!

• 1 month later...
Are there any repeater perks on MSC?

No repeater perks - No Suite perks

(although you may be more likely to be called upon to dine w/ the Captain in a suite - per my experience)

We live in Belgium (Canadian couple) and want to do a Med cruise but don't see a lot of positive things being written about MSC lines.

I cruised on Sinfonia in May 2005 and enjoyed it very much. Here's my review:-

http://www.cruiseserver.net/travelpage/yourfav/yfc_md_sinfonia.asp

As regards the smoking issue, yes there were smokers on board but it not intrusive. Certainly the 'one side smoking, one side non-smoking' rule was observed.

• 1 month later...
No repeater perks - No Suite perks

(although you may be more likely to be called upon to dine w/ the Captain in a suite - per my experience)

It's been awhile since we have cruised on MSC...........on the Melody......we have cruised with her 6 times.......the last 4 times in a named suite. No balcony, but great service.....and yes......dinner with the captain on many occasions.

Since MSC is a European line..........and that being said, allows topless bathing............my wife has redirected my life to other lines.

Rick

Archived