Opinions about ncl that are against conventional wisdom

havanadaydreaming

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Booking directly with the cruise line gives you direct access for changes for anything on board including price drops, etc.  Having a TA puts them as the middle man.  During the hurricane fiasco of Dorian and the cancelled cruises, those that booked directly with NCL had their flights automatically booked by NCL and the flight information was slipped under the door.  Those that booked with TA's were waiting for hours trying to find flights themselves or trying to contact their TA.  How many times have we seen complaints here with price drops after final payment and their TA says there is nothing you can get.

On the flip side, I do understand that TA's can usually get a better deal and a few other tiny perks.  I consider my NCL PCC almost like my TA.  I email her all the time about stuff.

I understand I am probably in the minority which is why I posted that in this "unconventional thread."  I get annoyed when people book with a TA yet want the perks of directly working with NCL or demanding they change things and get upset when NCL tells them to contact the company that booked their cruise.  You cant take the perks of booking with a TA yet also want the perks of booking directly with NCL.

You may be in the minority, but you make some very valid points! Sometimes the little perks we can get from a traditional TA may not be worth it when s&%$ hits the fan on your vacation!

How did you you get a PCC (personal cruise consultant I'm guessing?) with NCL?  Was it a relationship you established through a booking you made directly with the cruise line?

On 12/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

Here are some things I think/feel/believe that run against conventional wisdom, feel free to add your own!

*hate buffets on land but I enjoy ncl's, especially on bigger shifts. 

*Epic bathroom setup didn't faze me at all. 

*not sure if take a free upgrade to Haven from balcony. 1)don't wanna get spoiled 2)a butler? Seems awkward to me 3)this based only on speculation 

*I'm generally pro art auction, find the purchases fascinating. But was recently on 4 nt cruise that advertised $99 fares and the art auctioneer was offering some art at $6k, $12k, etc. Tough gig!

*I haven't consumed a soda onboard for years, so I don't care which brand is served. 

*paper straws suuuuuuuuuck. I loved a metal set, of 3,  I bought from margaritaville for $15.  I never woulda thunk I'd ever buy a metal straw, highly recommended. 

*I wish the ship announcements would play in room. I always forget which channel broadcasts them. 

*I actually like nassau

I love this list!!!

I've only been on one cruise and it was with NCL.  We had an absolute blast and we're going on another one in March.

It's on the Epic so I laughed out loud when I saw your comment on the bathroom set up as I've read so many divisive comments on this topic!  Just my DH and I so don't think it will be an issue lol.

*I also think the ship buffet is better than land.....way better.  

*I was served a couple items in the MDR that were pretty bad.....I just found it amusing as it was not the norm for the trip or the rest of our meals

*I had some really good desserts on board! And one was in the MDR!

*yes paper straws suck! But I actually agree with them getting rid of plastic straws......I actually hope they  replace other single use plastics with other alternatives (harder plastic cups that can be washed....?) 

*Yep, the pool is small, but it's a ship with a finite amount of space and not the room of requirement so I enjoyed myself anyways