NCL U tours

suprmom28

Can any one give me information on U tour excursions? We are on NCL Getaway in June 2020 for a Mediterranean cruise. There are 2 similar excursions in Kotor, 1 is listed as a U tour. I've noticed this label on a few other excursions and was wondering what the difference is. I called NCL excursions and all they could tell me was it is a little more specialized??? I'm not sure what this means.

Thank you!!

They’re smaller groups.  So instead of a full size bus it’s a smaller bus.  We recently did a 12 port sailing on the Jade med with all excursions through Ncl.  I really didn’t mind the larger groups (Except the sick people on busses).  Here’s a recent review of our excursions that includes Kotor. 

We were thinking of just walking around the port, until I read how beautiful Kotor is. I will book the U tour because I would rather be in a small group.  After previously reading your Mediterranean ship excursions review, I searched for Scavi tours (I had never heard of this tour before). I emailed the Vatican that same day,  and by the next day I was booked.

Can you tell me more about the ship to shore phone package? We will have phone service while docked but I was wondering about the service while we were at sea. My husband needs to make phone calls for work. 

Thank you so much for such a thorough review and Great tips!!!

3 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

They’re smaller groups.  So instead of a full size bus it’s a smaller bus.  We recently did a 12 port sailing on the Jade med with all excursions through Ncl.  I really didn’t mind the larger groups (Except the sick people on busses).  Here’s a recent review of our excursions that includes Kotor. 

We were thinking of just walking around the port, until I read how beautiful Kotor is. I will book the U tour because I would rather be in a small group.  After previously reading your Mediterranean ship excursions review, I searched for Scavi tours (I had never heard of this tour before). I emailed the Vatican that same day,  and by the next day I was booked.

Can you tell me more about the ship to shore phone package? We will have phone service while docked but I was wondering about the service while we were at sea. My husband needs to make phone calls for work. 

Thank you so much for such a thorough review and Great tips!!!

We really liked the tuk tuk tour in Kotor.  We had only 4 people total in our group plus the guide. It sells out.  We got lucky with a wait list filling at the last minute. 

congrats on Scavi tickets.  The Vatican has some good reading material suggested prior to this the tour.  I found it fascinating even before the tour starts to see all the coming and goings behind gates. 

re phone- we had a booking perk for 120 minutes of ship to shore phone calls.  This wasn’t part of the internet package. We also had internet packages which we upgraded to unlimited. If u don’t have the Phone call perk it was expensive to use a stateroom phone to call the states.  I think $5/minute. Ship to shore stateroom calls had good connection whereas ship internet WiFi calling was not too good in the evening when everyone was online.