choosing between Valor, Legend, and Liberty

angel41

I've been on Valor and going on the Liberty this weekend. I've been on the smaller of the Carnival Fleet, to the larger (Triumph and Valor). For me, any ship is fine for me as long as I am sailing! It's basically the ports of call for me that sway me from one ship to another.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time!

I've been on the Legend twice. Both itineraries. Best cruise ever was Panama/Costa Rica/Belize. Second best ever was Barbadoes/Martinique/St. Maarten.

Sorry....I haven't been on the larger class ships. I'm afraid to leave the "spirit" class ships because the size is just right for me and my family.

Miracle: 4/2006

Legend: 3/2005

Miracle: 4/2004

Legend: 3/2003

Pride: 4/2002

Jubilee: 3/2001

Disney: 2/1989

Valor is a 7 day cruise

Legend is 8 days

Liberty-- is a one a month cruise doing either an 8 day eastern

8 day western or a 6 day western.

How I determine what ship I'd be cruising with... I price out each cruise i am looking at. then find out how much it costs per day to cruise each ship- Price determines where I sleep.

As for the wrap arounds--depends on which ship. Legend wrap arounds are cat 11 suites. I would do those in a nano second. the cabin and the balcony are worth the money.

the cat 9A to me is not-- How much space on a balcony do two people need.

if wanting a bigger balcony is what you want. check out 7434 or 7439 Both are cat 8B you will find this cabin on the Liberty or the Valor

I have been on both the Valor and the Liberty. Both are the most beautiful ships but seem to be over crowded. I found the service on the Valor to be better than the Liberty. The Liberty does 8 day and 6 day cruises while the Valor does 7 day and switch between western and eastern.

I cannot comment on the Legend but it is supposed to be one of the best ships. We are planning to do the Miracle in December (same class) as it is smaller than the Conquest Class.

Our favorite ship so far has been the older and smaller ship, Imagination. The only problem is that they do not offer a 7 day cruise on her.

You can check out my reviews and picture with the links below!

It really comes down to what type of ship you like sailing on I have been on both Liberty and Legend, enjoyed both. Legend is better if you like smaller crowds. Liberty offers a much better itinerary(8 day Eastern) So it might help to hear what is a major factor in deciding which ship you would like to sail?

We did the Legend in 2002 and the Valor last year. Both are nice ships, but we preferred the Legend. The Legend's layout seemed better--our traveling companions never could figure out that they had to go up or down a deck to get to certain areas of the ship. Also, with a thousand fewer passengers the Legend seemed less crowded. You should know that we much prefer the Legend's 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary to the Western Caribbean Valor itinerary, so this could have influenced our perceptions. We sail on the Legend again in a little under three weeks, but would sail on the Valor again for the right itinerary.

Bob Foltz

We loved the Legend--it's a Spirit class-

Have been on the Glory, a sister ship to the Valor---dont like the Lido deck set up as much as on the Legend.

Going on the Liberty Apr 1 with a group and looking forward to it !

But my favorite design is the Spirit class.

Archived