Graycliff

MichelleP

We made reservations for lunch at Graycliff this Friday. Is a jacket recommended even for lunch? Is it walking distance of the ship? Is the lunch menu different from the dinner menu? (They have the dinner menu on their website.)

Since making the reservation, I've read some recent reviews that say it isn't very good anymore. Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks in advance!

Greycliff is better for dinner ... but suffers from inconsistency. One time fabulous ... next time so-so.

For my money at lunchtime you'd do much better in the gardens at Cafe Matisse - especially if the weather's good. Among other things, the menu will be much more extensive. Greycliff has the name, but at lunchtime there are pitiful few diners.

Matisse's fish dishes are the best non-native versions on the island, their pastas are fantastic, and their spinach gnocchi in gorgonzola and walnut cream are fantastic (ask them to make sure they're not "troppo cotti"). Their breads are fantastic and the parmesan terrine appetiser is mmmmm.

FWIW - I do lunch at Matisse at least once a week.

BTW ... Matisse is straight across the square when you come off the pier and down Bank Lane past the Police Station. When you're done walk over and visit the Cenotaph (WW II Memorial) Garden and the octagonal shaped Public Library that used to be the jail.

Archived