Bar Bells....oops, er....Bills on Board

RickandAnne

There's another thread getting some interest about the cost of alcoholic beverages on board Celebrity that has raised a point of curiosity for me.

On the normal 7 day cruise, how much to you spend, on average, for your bar bill? Include drinks at the pool, cocktails before dinner, drinks and wine at dinner, drinks at shows or in the lounges and anything you consume in your cabin. My bills are usually between $400 and $500 (including wine at dinner) and DW's are usually about $150. (They used to be more, but I've gotten older.)

You don't have to drink a lot to average, per couple, $100 per day...this includes one bottle of wine, a cocktail each before dinner, a nightcap and a couple beers around the pool...it adds up fast.

We usually do about $50 per day for the two of us. However, on this upcoming cruise, we are scaling back on the wine. No more bottle per night, we are going to make it last two nights. That should help the bill a bit. It also has a tendency to be higher on the sea days. When in port, we don't drink on the ship as much, so the bill would be lower. Three sea days in a row? Wow! Outa sight!

Jim

If I cruise with just my wife I can get by on $50 per day. If it is with my 3 adult children they kill me. Its' almost like paying for the privledge of being with them...they're worth it though :)

Tom,

You sound just like my dad!

John

If I cruise with just my wife I can get by on $50 per day. If it is with my 3 adult children they kill me. Its' almost like paying for the privledge of being with them...they're worth it though :)

I forgot about that. DS and D pushed the bill well into four figures on our 7 day to Alaska. They stayed up all night the last night out (I did that on my first cruise) and couldn't do more than sleep on the first class trip home from Vancouver. Shoot, I could have shipped 'em home as luggage.

$20/day for both of us ... that's the average, anyway. My husband must have his 5 pm martini. That's the only drink he has UNLESS it's one of the three or four nights per cruise that we go to the Cova Cafe after dinner, where he'll have some fancy whiskey on the rocks and I'll have a coffee drink. Outside that, I might have one bar drink a day -- usually something from the Drink of the Day menu. Overall, I'd rather spend the money and the calories on something else, since I've never found the onboard drinks particularly memorable (wish I was a martini fan, since my husband raves about the Martini Bar output). I drink a TON of water during cruises, much more than at home -- in the cabin, in the buffet, in the dining room, while sitting on a deck chair watching the water go by ... TR

Archived