Cooking Classes onboard or excursion

bingoprincess

Hi -

We have primarily sailed on Celebrity and each cruise has included at least one cooking demonstration. On our last cruise (through the Panama Canal) there were 2 free demonstrations on at sea days in one of the lounges, and a cook-off demonstration on stage on the last full sea day.

One of the best ports for cooking classes with a chef was New Orleans. Because the city is still rebuilding, I don't know if there are any classes for your day in port, or before your cruise. You might check with the nola chamber.

Hope this helps!

For a simple but fun Cooking Class. There is one in Cozumel, offered by most cruise lines, called Mexican Cooking Demonstration (or something like that). I did in December through RCI and had a great time. Princess and Carnival offer it as well.

This interests me a great deal. As a former chef and F&B director, I am always looking for anything to do w/cooking, especially cuisine from the different ports. I have already listed that as my top "thing to do" while on Cozumel my next cruise.:)

We are booked on Carnival Miracle for 6/4/06 and already booked the Playa Mia cooking session in Cozumel. Just received, two days ago, a cancellation from Carnival indicating that due to Hurricane Wilma the excursion has been canceled.

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite a "cooking class" per se, but on the cruise we just completed on the Dawn Princess, they had a great Culinary Demonstration with the head chef, etc. They prepared two different dishes, had audience participation and the demonstration was as good as most of the comedy acts we saw onboard-they were really entertaining!! Then you got to tour the galley and got a sheet with all the statistics concerning the number of pounds of fish, bread, coffee, etc. served on board!

There was also an ice carving demonstration in addition to a fruit and vegetable carving demo, and a Marzipan demo. None were real "classes".

Archived