Need help re: sleeping arrangements in cabins for 4

alecsmom

Hi everybody. I'm new to Carnival - previously sailed Royal Caribbean and Princess.

We are excited to try Carnival and are taking a family cruise on the Conquest out of Galveston in August of this year. My mom, sister and two nephews are all first time cruisers. The four of them will be sharing a room - I booked them using an online agency in an Inside Guarantee - they swore up and down they didn't care what kind of cabin they got, especially since they are on a budget (like we all are!)

Now of course they are asking me what kind of sleeping arrangements they will have and I have no idea - I have only cruised with my husband so have only had to worry about the two of us. My question is, worse case/best case scenario - what kind of cabin with what kind of bed configuration will they possibly get? Bunk beds, sofa beds??!! Help! They are now afraid they are going to be sleeping in a broom closet!! Thank you for any insight/advice you can give me!

Most likely a cabin with twin beds that convert to one king sized bed and two beds that come down from the ceiling. However, they could also have one bed that comes down from the ceiling and one convertable sofa bed, or a double convertable sofa bed.

Check the symbols in the cabin on the deck plan. For example, in the link below:

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=146&deckId=868

Cabin 2404 has a box. This means that this cabin has a twin/king, a bed that comes out of the ceiling and a single convertable sofa bed.

Cabin 2406 has two circles, one on top of the other. This means that this cabin has two upper beds (beds that come out of the ceiling).

If the cabin has no symbol (cabin 2402) then that cabin just sleeps two people.

Most likely a cabin with twin beds that convert to one king sized bed and two beds that come down from the ceiling. However, they could also have one bed that comes down from the ceiling and one convertable sofa bed, or a double convertable sofa bed.

Check the symbols in the cabin on the deck plan. For example, in the link below:

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=146&deckId=868

Cabin 2404 has a box. This means that this cabin has a twin/king, a bed that comes out of the ceiling and a single convertable sofa bed.

Cabin 2406 has two circles, one on top of the other. This means that this cabin has two upper beds (beds that come out of the ceiling).

If the cabin has no symbol (cabin 2402) then that cabin just sleeps two people.

Did Valor last May with my kids....

On the newer boats there are 2 twins on the bottom and 2 twins that pull down from the ceiling. your room steward will do that for you and ask if you want them up during the day. We left ours down as the room is pretty small and with 4 of us the kids had to get on there beds so my husband and I could move around.

Have fun!!!

I have met several other people that are going on that date also. If you go over to the Roll Call Board we have a thread started for the 13th sailing. Your 3 year old will have a blast. I have a 8 yr old and 10 yr old both really had a great time in Camp Carnival. They met lots of new friends, and most of the time did not want to go back to the cabin at the end of the cruise.

If you have a quad and 2 beds come down from ceiling, they do NOT push the twin beds together to make a king. If they did, the steward would have to stand on the king to make the upper beds and there would be no floor room. We were a bit surprised at that when we went last month. Made sense, but we had no clue until we got on. we were on the miracle.

We sailed Carnival Glory in Jan. 05. We had a cheap inside cabin on Deck 1 that we share with our two teenage daughters. They had the two upper beds that come down from the ceiling and DH and I had the full size bed in the middle of the room below them with walking room on either side of the bed and a nightstand on each side. No doubt the cabin steward had to stand on our bed to make up their uppers, but who cares? He did a great job taking care of our cabin.

Kathy in Maine

If you have a quad and 2 beds come down from ceiling, they do NOT push the twin beds together to make a king. If they did, the steward would have to stand on the king to make the upper beds and there would be no floor room. We were a bit surprised at that when we went last month. Made sense, but we had no clue until we got on. we were on the miracle.

the cabins on glory must be much wider b/c there is no way if the ceiling beds were down and the bed was in the middle on the floor there would be walking room on the MIracle, as the ceiling beds would have prevented walking along the sides of the floor bed unless you hunched down to walk underneath the ceiling beds (unless the ceiling beds were put up evey day) and still at night there would be the walking problem. We had a 4B on the upper deck on the Miracle.

the bottom beds can be put together- Keeping them seperate would allow more space on the floor but a lot of people prefer to sleep together- Me I want more space.

Thanks to everybody - I have reported to my mom and sister that they definitely will NOT be sleeping in a broom closet!! Everyone will be happy in their own little bed.

Momof2boys- I will head over to the roll call in a bit - my sister's two boys are 8 and 10 also - maybe they will meet up in Camp Carnival!!

Archived