Hotel near CanadaPlace or Vancouver airport

Cshell5

I am departing a ship on Monday morning and flying out of Vancouver (bright and early 9am)Tuesday morn. We would like to maybe take a walk around Gastown on the Monday afternoon and early eve. I read someplace it is a $30fee for a taxi from CanadaPlace to Vanc.airport.

Considering I will have luggage and need to drop that off @ a hotel, should I stay in a hotel near the cruise terminal where I came in or try and get a hotel close to the airport for the next morning.:confused: --or should I find something inbetween. I've been using Priceline for a 4*near the airport with no luck. Of course, I'm not in a hurry yet so I'm not bidding very high. Thanks.

I haven't cruised out of Vancouver, but have stayed there many times.

If you head out to the airport on Monday, I don't think there is much to do out that way. Gastown, Stanley Park, Granville Island etc...are all in or near downtown...and near the cruise terminal.

I would stay downtown. That way you can drop your luggage off, take off and sightsee around the area. Then in the morning, take a cab to the airport. It wouldn't make sense getting a hotel at the airport and heading back towards downtown to see the sights...to turn around and head back out to the airport.

Just my thoughts.:)

Archived