Beds/Sleeping Arrangements on the Grandeur of the Seas

kath1210

We are considering a 9-day cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas this summer in a Junior Suite. We have a DD12 and a DS15. Will two people need to sleep on the sofabed, or is there a bed that drops down from the ceiling like on DCL? I am not thrilled about my DH and I sharing the sofabed, and no way would my kids share a bed at this age.

How comfortable are the regular beds? We loved the beds on DCL - never slept better - and that's the only cruise we've ever been on.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know about that specific cabin. But, I do know you can go to RCI website adn view the ships layout, it shows deck-by-deck plans which includes the cabins with what kind of 'extra' bedding is available in each one. These are denoted by symbles just check which ever cabin you are interested in and cross referance the little (star, or dimond ,or cross, or whatever) symble.

Hope that helps...you can also call their 800# if you booked thru them or havent booked at all yet, and ask.

-Kandy

Thanks, Kandy! I did lthat upon your suggestion and it looks like there is only the sofabed.

My kids are DD12 and DS15. They will not sleep together on the sofabed, but I am not sure my husband and I want to sleep there either.

I may need to look into bringing a blow-up mattress for one of them. I wonder if there'll be room on the floor for a twin-size blow-up mattress?

but i think that rci will only let you book a cabin that has room /appropriate sleeping areas for the number of people that you say are cruising. Like if you try to use their web site you can only access certain cabins if you say more than 2 are in the cabin... i think that they frown on people sleeping on the floor... the cabins with the 2 pullmans have a bunk type bed that comes off the wall over the other beds... have you tried to book a suite for 4 people yet? they may not let you have the JS with two kids that age, etc... you really should explore with a TA or 800# what yr options are...:)

Archived