What to do in Bermuda?

kimmy444

We are booked on the Empress sailing out of Phila in June - cannot wait. Trying to make this the vacation of a life time. What should we do in Bermuda, just in case we never get back again. I really want to go jet skiing but have no idea who to contact. How about helmet diving, anyone try it?

Thanks!:)

I have to second Fran about hartley's. It is a family owned business and Greg Hartley does his best to make sure you have a good time.

On our trip there were a total of 7 adults and 3, or was it 2?, younger children.

We all had a blast and Greg made sure we all had lots of time underwater. On the way back we looked for turtles and other fish.

My DH and I are thinking of doing this again when we are back in June as well.

Calm seas,

Caroline

I bought a book called "Bermuda Guide" by Open Road Travel Guides

They list the following:

Due to safety issues and local objection to noise pollution there is only one company offering this activity.

Call Club Wet and Wild, Castle Harbour

Telephone 441/293-2543 or 441/234-2426 at the Royal Naval Dockyard.

Expect to spend about $45 per single and $70 per double for each half hour. Reservations are required and children under 16 are not allowed to drive the wave runners.

Hope this helps. We are trying to plan this trip from Phila to Bermuda in October.

Bermuda is such a beautiful and friendly island and we're going back on the 5/6 sailing on the Empress. There is plenty to do and the ferries and buses are great for transportation around the island. Horseshoe Bay is gorgeous and if you walk further down the beach there's all kinds of coves and smaller beaches that are great. The crystal caves and perfume factory are good trips and then you can stop by the Swizzle Inn on your way back.

Have a great trip and check out the Ports of Call Board for info on Bermuda.

Debbie

The crystal caves and perfume factory are good trips and then you can stop by the Swizzle Inn on your way back.

Have a great trip and check out the Ports of Call Board for info on Bermuda.

Debbie

Didn't the perfume factory close?

Hi,

I've been to Bermuda twice, one on Empress and once on Voyager. Both times we used the Bermuda public transportation which is great. The ship will set passes for no more than the island does. I did not buy them on the ship because I though they marked them up but they don't. On the island is the Swizzle Inn. Their motto is Swizzle Inn, Swaggar Out and they serve the offical drink of the island, the Rum Swizzler. It is right near the perfume factory and a great ice cream stand. The caves are also pretty cool

Amy

Didn't the perfume factory close?

Judyzoo, your right they did close this past fall. I just did a google search and this is what I learned.

Last fall, the gardens of the Perfumery were closed and the Perfumery was sold to the Brackstone family. The new owners of the Perfumery would like to invite you to visit our new location: Stewart Hall, 5 Queen Street, St. George’s, Bermuda.

Debbie

Hi,

I've been to Bermuda twice, one on Empress and once on Voyager. Both times we used the Bermuda public transportation which is great. The ship will set passes for no more than the island does. I did not buy them on the ship because I though they marked them up but they don't. On the island is the Swizzle Inn. Their motto is Swizzle Inn, Swaggar Out and they serve the offical drink of the island, the Rum Swizzler. It is right near the perfume factory and a great ice cream stand. The caves are also pretty cool

Amy

Bailey's Ice Cream. It seems like veryone knows this place! :) They have a flock of wild chickens that live near the parking lot. We have an absolutely hilarious picture of a woman trying to feed a chicken ice cream and the chicken eating it!

After my DH took the pic I ran in the store and got her another spoon, since she didn't want to eat behind the chicken. She thanked me but I told her it was not problem; she had given me one of my best vacation memories.

Oh, there is also the Spicelands Riding Centre if you want to a ride on trails near or on the beach depending on the time of year. The horses seemed well cared for.

Caroline

Oooooo, my favorite place in the world!!! You can:

rent jetskis

parasail

visit the caves

rent a scooter and see the sights!

definately visit St. George's - there is a beautiful old church and quaint shopping

shop along the main street in Hamilton

take a horse and carriage ride at night

go sailing

visit Horseshoe Bay or one of the other beautiful beaches

Not much night life but what a beautiful island!!Have lots of fun!!!

Caroline:

Thank you. We have our two boys that are 7 & 8 and I really think they would love this. Greg was very nice on the telephone. I called very early in our trip planning because I didn't want him to get booked. Thanks again!!

Kim

Kim, I did Hartley's many years ago when the Father ran the company and my son was about 6. He was a little nervous but once he got down there he loved it and it was so much fun.

As many times as we've been there we've never done the jet skis so I'm to hear what info you get back on this, maybe a google search would help. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Debbie

We were in Bermuda in August and had a wonderful time! I loved it and plan on going back again.

We did the Helmet Dive excursion and it was fantastic - the operators were just terrific and we had a blast. We also did the Wildcat boat trip around the island which was a lot of fun as well.

I loved King's Wharf and we found the place to rent jet skis but unfortunately they were so booked up we didn't get the chance to do it.

I am sure you will have a great time, it is a wonderful place.

Lisa

Lisa- I noticed yr 'name'- both of them- as we foster rescue labs through Lab Rescue of North Carolina, and of course own one of our own, you and I were born the same year and my name is Lisa, too... if you also live in north carolina, i'm going to go check a mirror to see if I am still here:eek:

:) Lisa

Archived