aruba's jewelry shops

BostonRedsoxMA

• 2 weeks later...

The first question I would have to ask is what you consider a "good deal" The advantage to buying jewelry in the Islands is the enormous selection. The average store in the US has a few cases of jewelry. They may have one or two trays of nice Tanzanite, large fancy colored Diamonds or fine Colombian Emeralds. In the Islands the stores will have cases of them. If you don't see something that strikes your fancy they can look at what they have in the back. Most of the store owners in the Islands purchase their stock in huge bulk and so pass on the savings to their customers.

You may be able to find items cheaper in the US or in Europe, however your selection may be smaller. You may not be able to compare multiple diamonds of varying sizes side by side. Many of the newest styles in jewelry and watches will appear first in the Caribbean.

Besides shopping for nice sparkly things while on vacation is just fun!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

I did not see any bargains in Aruba and as matter of fact I thought most pieces were over priced. Many of the stores are the same that you find on St.Thomas and St. Maarten, but these 2 islands have better prices.

Always be careful when buying jewelry. You should know what you are buying. I had a sales women in Aruba try to tell me that Mystic Topaz was a brand new stone found in Brazil. That is nothing but crap. MT has been around for a couple of years and is nothing but a treated topaz. :eek:

Archived