Beijing - Statendam March 20th sailing

skylinelinda

The shore excursion from the Statendam is 600.00 for an overnight and two days of touring. I am arranging my own independent tour and hotel for these two days. The cost should be less than half of that. Does anyone have a tour guide that they can recommend? I have found a couple of sites of companies that do this, but I always like to have first hand advise! If anyone else is on this sailing, do you want to go along with us? THe cost I have been quoted is quite reasonable!

Linda S

• 4 weeks later...

We will be on that cruise and also would like to take the two day tour in Beijing. I went into the travel china guide site but could not find a tour under four days. Can you give me any information? We would be interested in going with another couple. We are in our 60's.

HI BDShramm,

If you send them an email with your preferences, they will put together a personalised itinerary and costing for you. As an example, Kate and I are going to the Forbidden City and other Beijing sites on the Sunday, staying overnight there and then visiting the Great Wall on Monday before returning to the ship. I seem to recall that someone else had planned to see a show in the evening in central Beijing?

Cheers

Dave

We will be on that cruise and also would like to take the two day tour in Beijing. I went into the travel china guide site but could not find a tour under four days. Can you give me any information? We would be interested in going with another couple. We are in our 60's.

I haven't been here for a while. I did get the trip booked with Travel China and assume they might put us with a few others from the Statendam, but who knows. Did you get signed up? They are taking us to the Forbidden City,Tianamen Square, etc. the first day. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza and going to the Beijing Opera and having Peking Duck the first night. The second day we're off to the WALL and I believe the summer palace. I hope you got it all arranged.

We're on a similar trip, although without the opera and Peking duck. The cost is around 50% of the equivalent HAL excursion, and we're in a private car rather than a large coach. They are picking us up at the pier.

Archived