online checkin and documents?

lidstone

I need help understanding something. If I check in online, do I receive my documents online to print out? Or. do the documents always get mailed to us. We booked online and are not using a travel agent or any transportation such as an airline. I will appreciate any clarification about this. We are sailing on March 2 on the Grandeur of the Seas.

The three times that I have cruised with Royal Caribbean, I have booked my tickets through an on-line, cruise only agency. I don't know if when you say that you booked on-line, if you booked with an agency or if you booked directly with Royal Caribbean. In any case, I do not believe that the process will be different.

However, as an FYI, when you check in on-line, what you are basically doing is providing Royal Caribbean with your personal information such as home address and phone (if it is not already there if you are a past passenger), your travel documentation information (passport number, etc.), emergency contact information, and credit card information. When this process is completed, you have finished the on-line check in process and you will be provided with your SET SAIL PASS document which indicates to the check in counter person at the pier that you have already checked in and provided Royal Caribbean with this information up front. You will have the opportunity to print out this document when it appears on your computer screen and you should print it and take it with you to the pier. You will still have to provide the person at the counter with your passport and credit card for verification when you arrive at the pier.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I guess my question is this.....is what I print out the same as what I usually got in the mail when I booked through an agent. Is the only difference the fact that I am printing them out fomr the computer? Thanks!!

when you go through the online check in process, there is a place where you choose getting your docs in the mail or via email. if you chhose mail, you will get a spiral type book with all the stuff. you will still print a one-page SetSail Pass at the end of the online check in process that you must have when you arrive at the port.

lidstone - If you’re leaving 3/2, I’d think you should have your spiral book in the mail already unless you booked fairly recently. Last few cruises we’ve taken, our documents (spiral book) were in our mail box 4-5 weeks out. If you booked directly through Royal Caribbean’s website, you can verify your Guest Vacation Documents delivery method - either electronic or by mail so you know what you should be getting. If you booked through an on-line agency other than RCL, you should check with them.

Denham33 - I haven’t sailed with RCL since Set Sail Pass was implemented, but from what I’ve read, the computer printout is what you’ll need at check-in.

We have our docs, and I saw that inside is a page to be filled out that is the same as what I did for the Set Sail Pass. Do we have to fill it out again, or will my computer print out be OK?

If you already printed your set sail pass off of the web then you do not need to fill out the one in the spiral bound book. Enjoy your cruise!

Mariner of the Seas 29 Jan 2006. All we needed at checkin was the printed out Set Sail Pass page, our passports and a credit card. They did not ask for the spiral notebook or anything else. The thing that took the longest at check in was the RCI rep walking over to the table to get our sea pass card. The time from when we walked up to the counter to the time we walked away with our card was about 2 minutes.

Archived