Alternate to Dairy?

Alphawave

Don't know about Lactaid, but I think you can arrange for soy milk in advance. And -- if you order room service, more often than not you will get that fake coffee lightener. But, beware, sometimes it will say "non dairy" but it contains milk products. Look for a "Pareve" on the label, which means it has absolutely no dairy products in it.

--Judy

If you ask 6 weeks out or more, they will ensure there is lactaid. If you don't, they always have soy. This has been my experience on both RCL and Celebrity, although on Celebrity, when I aksed, they said it would be easier if I could just drink soy.

Here is the information you need from the RCCL website.

What type of special meals does Royal Caribbean offer?

Royal Caribbean International makes every effort to accommodate our guests' dietary requirements whenever possible. We can accommodate special needs such as, Food Allergies, Gluten-free, Vegetarian (except for vegan/macrobiotic) Low-fat, Low-Sodium, Lactaid/Soy Milk, Ensure, and Kosher meals at no extra charge. All guests must do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Here's how it works:

Send an email that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to one of the addresses listed below.

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

Kosher meals - kosher@rccl.com

Indian-style vegetarian meals - Indianvegetarian@rccl.com

Gluten-free/celiac meals - glutenfree@rccl.com

Fax requests may be sent to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

E-mails will receive an automated response. Faxed requests will also receive a response provided the guest provides an email address. We kindly ask that guests do not call Royal Caribbean International suppliers with specific questions.

Special meal requests that are faxed or e-mailed less 45 days of sailing are dependent on the ship's product availability. We will try to accommodate to the best of our ability.

Archived