Murder Mystery

:o Yes there is a Murder Mystery dinner on the Mariner of the Seas and I believe all the Voyager-class ships have it too. If you want to do the dinner, which for us was done on a sea-day, Go to Portofinos as soon as you board and sign up for the dinner. The cost was for us 49.00 ea. and that includes champagne and wine and the dinner.

You can also sign up by your TV in your room when you come aboard, but I would not wait too long. Only 50 spots were avaible on our cruise and the dinner filled quickly. It is a very fun and funy experience, and the meal is superb. ;)

They had this on our recent cruise on the Serenade also. We didn't go, but I saw the sign/flyers for it. It was $40 or $50 (can't remember), and the meal was a pre-selected appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. The only downside I can see to this is if you happen to be a picky eater like me...I might not like the pre-selected choices.

I went to the murder mystery on the MOS and, while I didn't find it that interesting, it still was a good evening (good food and good company with the friends we had).

I'd say try it, just to say you did it, but I don't think it's a 'must see'. Of course, that's my opinion and everyone enjoys different things.

We went to it on the Jewel two weeks ago and enjoyed it. They give you champagne and hors d'oeuvres in a lounge. They act out the crime and then you go into Portofino's. You choose your appetizer - and your meal. There's a choice of steak or shrimp. The wine flows freely, either white or red. You have a choice of salads and desert. It was fun!

We did the dinner on the Empress of the Seas in January, 2006. Price was 49.00 for each person. Wife thought it was good, it didn't care for it as much, was a good night, meet many new people, but I would not care for going a second time.

We were at the same dinner on the Empress (hi Mike & Trish!) and I must agree with Mike. It was fun and entertaining and any first timer would enjoy it, I believe. Once done though, I don't think I'd do it a second time. Although entertaining, I think the Portofino experience is better and much cheaper on another night. That said, do it once....you'll enjoy yourself.

Archived