Discover Card cash back bonus

Lady_K

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I wanted to check here before I call Discover.

For the Discover Card, you can redeem your cash back in several different ways, including the option to double the value with one of their "cashback partners," which includes Carnival. Does anyone know if we can apply this to the onboard account, or does it have to be for a new cruise booking?

We don't use this card very much so it's not a big cashback award, but it would be cool if we could apply this to our account.

Carnival Glory - 5/15/04

Imagination - 4/00

Hi,

I also have a Discover Card. The unfortunate news is that this can only be used with a new booking, and only with Discover's travel agency. Their rates weren't overly bad, but I got several hundred dollars better by booking elsewhere online, even if I had used all my cashback. I was also told you had to have at least $40 accrued because apparently they only deduct $80 increments from the fares per $40 Cashback dollars.

It just wasn't enough to be worth it! I'm saving my Cashback for another partner, most likely Bed Bath and Beyond.

Hope this helps!

lady k

last year for my cruise i used my cash back from discovery to double the amount for flowers from ftd to be delivered to my cabin. i did a net surf first to get the names and addresses of ftd shops in the area that delivered flowers to the ships ( this was in vancouver ) and picked out what flowers i wanted ( you have to have that number also ) to make an order. the coupon you get in the mail has a number to call to order the flowers. they said they did not deliver to the ships and i said there were shops that did and they took my order and the flowers were in the cabin when i arrived. it was so nice to have them. just make sure you can name the shop and have an address for them. a little time invested on the computer can make for a nice flower arraingement or other thing from ftd for your cabin. this is just an idea since it might not work out for you with the carnival idea. good luck.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

I switched to the Capitol One Carnival (Visa / Master Card)card. this gets you cash off the best price you can find on your cruise. I have taken $3000.00 off my last four cruises.

Paradise (Carnival) 1999

Victory (Carnival) 2000

Destiny (Carnival) 2001

Legend (Carnival) 2002

Pride (Carnival) 2003

Miracle (Carnival) 2004

Archived