Majestic Princess for Little Kids/Families

Tennant

We are considering an Alaskan cruise on the Majestic Princess in spring 2022.  Our kids will be just under 3 and 5.  Can anybody that has sailed this ship with children comment on the kids club (I know my youngest can't go), indoor pool, family activities, etc? Would love to see Patters or kids club programming materials.  Does the kids club have any family open house time for littles?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I've only been on the Majestic once and my kids were 15 and 13 when we went.  It was also right after they lifted covid restrictions and only kids 12+ could sail because of vaccine availability.  The kids club was about the same as pre-covid.  A cruise in May will probably not have very many kids because that's right at the end of the school year.  I'm assuming you'll see primarily families with really young kids.  IME, the kids club will adapt to those circumstances.  They'll combine groups or gear activities more toward the younger kids.   The Majestic is a lovely ship.  It's not great if your child wants to swim.  The only indoor pool I can remember is the adults-only pool in the conservatory.  If swimming isn't a deal-breaker, I think the Majestic would be a good choice.  My kids really liked the Majestic.  Lots of food choices, a nice layout of the ship, and bigger than the Grand-class ships (which is what we usually sail out of SF).

I have no idea how this will translate, but we sailed the Royal in September for a 14 day Alaska. Part of this was COVID I'm sure, a lot the itinerary and school being in session. We asked the kids club staff how many they were expecting. They had 14 total under the age of 18 out of a sailing of roughly 2300 passengers or so. Clubs will be open but there may not be many other kids their age on the sailing.