Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins

Curt Jerome Wild

• 2 months later...

Hi Guy's..:) Hey Curt, I have a cute story that I thought you would enjoy..:) You know what a Cheerleader I have become of the Fantasy Class Cat 12's on the main Carnival Boards right :D ? Well the Cat 11 prices dropped soooo much for my up-coming Imagination cruise that since it's just my son (He's 9) and myself I could not justify NOT switching from the Cat 12 to the 11..:D So now I have V-30. How is the location ? I know it's close to the Rescue boat but the view should still be good looking straight out and forward right ? This Cabin is in the same location as V-21 which I believe I read that you have stayed in before right ? Any tips young man other then to be ready to turn the Balcony Chair sideways as I'm a Big guy ?:D Nice talking to you again and take care..:) Kurt

Edited by mr jailerman

Hi Guy's..:) Hey Curt, I have a cute story that I thought you would enjoy..:) You know what a Cheerleader I have become of the Fantasy Class Cat 12's on the main Carnival Boards right :D ? Well the Cat 11 prices dropped soooo much for my up-coming Imagination cruise that since it's just my son (He's 9) and myself I could not justify NOT switching from the Cat 12 to the 11..:D So now I have V-30. How is the location ? I know it's close to the Rescue boat but the view should still be good looking straight out and forward right ? This Cabin is in the same location as V-21 which I believe I read that you have stayed in before right ? Any tips young man other then to be ready to turn the Balcony Chair sideways as I'm a Big guy ? Nice talking to you again and take care.. Kurt

CJW... Are ya working overtime son ? That's not like you to leave a Fantasy Class question unanswered..:eek: I hope all is well with you..:)

• 1 month later...
CJW... Are ya working overtime son ? That's not like you to leave a Fantasy Class question unanswered.. I hope all is well with you..

LOL! Yes, I missed this! I've had double work projects, and MCJW was on a "staycation", so she was distracting me!:D

Well the Cat 11 prices dropped soooo much for my up-coming Imagination cruise that since it's just my son (He's 9) and myself I could not justify NOT switching from the Cat 12 to the 11...

Awesome! Yes, those are the best times to snag the Category 11s. There are those times where they are a perfect price and deal!

So now I have V-30. How is the location ? I know it's close to the Rescue boat but the view should still be good looking straight out and forward right?

Yes, it will have the tip of the boat there - but it's okay.

I'll find my pics (from the first page?) and repost them here...

This Cabin is in the same location as V-21 which I believe I read that you have stayed in before right ?

Yes, check the pics from there.

Any tips young man other then to be ready to turn the Balcony Chair sideways as I'm a Big guy ? Nice talking to you again and take care.. Kurt

Yes! If you are going with your 9 year old, then I'm going to give you a big secret hint that I've never shared before - but for you I will...

Go to http://www.orientaltrading.com

or your local party supply store...

Get a bunch of Mardis Gras Beads

24_12640z.jpg?resize(250x250)

At the one time during sailaway, when there will be a few people in that area - you and your son can go out on the front deck and give away the beads...

Then stand at your balcony and throw them down to the people there for sailaway.

If you do that, then they'll run back and tell their friends. You can turn it into your own little party, with your son as the Mardis Gras King on the balcony.:cool:

Order a few other decorations for your door and such for the cabin that you and your son can put up together.

If you know how to work it, you can make that cabin and balcony location the most fun thing ever for your son!

Enjoy!:D

Edited by Curt Jerome Wild

• 2 weeks later...

This question was posted on the regular board and I answered it there:

How are the Cat 11 rooms on the Paradise? Do they overlook the deck below or the ocean? Looking at deck plans it looks like it overlooks the deck below.

Does anyone have pictures?

But then after looking through here, I realized that there aren't easily accessible pictures of the "the views" from the balconies.

So, let's post some here for future readers!

These are various port views from my Category 11s over the past couple of years:

3c6ae2880a790cf1793b13b279cb7520.jpg

Then here is a view from inside the cabin, sitting on the bed - so you can see the view when you wake up in the morning:

fdae030993562c846cd99e704fe96354.jpg

Hope those help!

Enjoy, and others feel free to post your views from your balconies on Verandah Deck Category 11s.:D

Great thread! Add me in as another fan of these cabins. Love being up high, love having the deck right below, and love that there aren't many cabins on this deck. (That's a lot of love - this is beginning to resemble an Air Supply song. Oh, and I love being close to the Lido, etc.!)

Below is a link to photos I took of our cat 11 on Elation. We had V14, but the pics include a close-up of V2's balcony as well as a long shot of all the portside Verandah deck balconies:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsters/tags/category11

(Thanks to CJW for pointing me here!)

• 2 months later...

OK now im a little worried about our choice of V3 and the size of the balcony on Fantasy next week. On all of our Carnival cruises weve had the corner aft 9A balcony except for Liberty and we had the extended balcony next to the corner 9A. Wow looking at the pictures the V3 balcony it is beyond small! We got a great interline rate for the suite but wondering how we are going to manage that balcony! I dont even care that it wont be very private, im not going to be out there doing anything I dont want others to see, even the Captain...lol!

Just my two cents, but I have never believed that these cabins should be rated as cat 11. They are the same size as an OV on Destiny and Conquest Class, and with a 25 sq ft balcony that offers absolutely no privacy, I could never justify paying the price of a cat 11!

• 1 month later...

I have been reading this thread with interest since I was contacted by the upsell fairy and I accepted. I will be in V30 on the Inspiraton. Does anyone have any pics of the rooms on this ship after the refurb??

This is my second Carnival Cruise and I am anxiously counting down.

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking of getting room V11 on Ecstasy -- but also consider E103 -- the only hesitation I have with the Verandah deck is some people felt they weren't looking out at the water, but at all the business on teh deck below -- and also, are people allowed to smoke on the deck below and does it waft into the room?

Never been on Carnival (wasn't my choice, but a bunch of other girls) Do you feel it's worth the price difference -- Also really want as quiet as possible of a room.

Thanks so much

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's nice to hear back from people on my posts.

A lot of times I answer questions, and never hear back from the people again, so thank you.

Also, if you haven't done so already, check out these pics...

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

There's a few of V21 and V19 specifically (although I couldn't tell you at this point which is which), but it will give you a really good idea on what to expect.

CJW

Thanks for the valuable info. I can hardly wait to go throught the secret door to take pics from the front of the ship! ~ Also, "Mischief Managed" cracked me up!

Did you use a travel agent or go thru carnival?

thanks.. this will be our first time up from the Empress deck..would love to make it a great anniversary for her! thanks

I booked my upcoming cruise (Carnival Fantasy cat 11, cabin V9) through the cruise line because there are so few staterooms with balconies and I wanted to make sure I got the cabin I wanted. The only other time I had a balcony, I booked a "guaranteed balcony" through www.*****.com on Carnival Victory and had the good fortune to get the mack-daddy upgrade into a corner mini suite with the balcony that wraps around the back corner of the ship (cabin 6461). It was amazing. We expect that the suite we're booked in that I mentioned above will have a balcony about a tenth the size of the one we had on the Victory. Still, it's a balcony and I'm hooked on having a balcony. -- You'll have a great anniversary no matter what you book! Enjoy.:)

• 6 months later...

Good morning......Curt has asked me to add a mini review and pics of our balcony we had on the Ecstasy.....We were in V23, which is considered a partially obstructed balcony...We had a wonderful cruise and loved the Ecstasy....so much so that I'm going on the exact same itinerary this coming February with those Crazies.......We had originally booked an interior on the Verandah deck and the upgrade fairy called and we upgraded to the balcony for an extra $40pp.......While I enjoyed the balcony, I wouldn't book one again.....if it was offered as a free upgrade, I'd take it, but I wouldn't shell the money out......Here's my Pro's and Con's...

pro: the balcony.....you got to actually feel the breeze and smell the ocean from your room.....additional light......

Con: way too small....when the two deck chairs were on it, if you were in the far chair AWAY from the door and you wanted to go in, whoever was sitting in the other chair had to get up and move to let you out.....the chairs sat so close to the railing you had to prop your feet on them...and I'm a short person....my dad, who is 6'2" had an even worse time and didn't sit out there much at all.

the view....partial obstruction really means full obstruction.....yes, if you look to your left you can see the ocean, but when you're sitting on the balcony, you are looking out at a lifeboat

People on the deck below can see you and look up into your balcony....while they can't see INTO your room, they can see you sitting on the balcony.....you also get to hear them laughing and talking or fighting or whatever they are doing down below you....

I'm adding some photo's so you can see what I'm talking about....if you have any questions, just let me know.......The Ecstasy is a GREAT ship and I'm going to be really sad when she leaves Galveston.....

From the room looking out at the balcony

ry%3D400

Sitting on the balcony looking straight ahead

ry%3D400

Looking to the left from the balcony

ry%3D400

From the left side of the balcony, looking towards the door into the room:ry%3D400

From the right side of the balcony (by the door) looking left

ry%3D400

From the doorway of the cabin looking in

ry%3D400

Hope this is a help to someone

Was in V38 obstructed view on 10/15 Fantasy cruise. V11 location was good for us especially for VIP embarkation debarkation for DW with mobility issues, and for her desire for quiet and privacy (not as big an issue to me). Attached are some views from that balcony. Cost ES was 619pp. You can judge from that if a nonobstructed view cabin is worth the extra cost if any.

HPIM0013.JPG.cf41c121416484103e07d1202efdbff5.JPG

HPIM0014.JPG.24287b37cc92616eee948708d91c613d.JPG

HPIM0020.JPG.a59fdbcf34fb8d9997c1b7ab5838c208.JPG

HPIM0040.JPG.e7ed2779b1f7d3485f24515b33539bb4.JPG

HPIM0102.JPG.5a17f0b169788f7986a017a7d7dca1f3.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

We are thinking of getting one of the Ocean Suite unobstructed view on the Ecstasy for a cruise Feb. 28. We are currently booked in in OV for Feb. 14. But our one and only cruise was balcony on the Conquest. I think that we can handle it being "semi-private", but are a little concerned about the size of the balcony since we are not small people.

My DH would definitely be wanting to drink coffee out there every morning as he did on the Conquest. But would we have trouble moving around out there if we are both on the balcony? That is really my only concern. I love the location and being able to have the fresh air. Any comments would be appreciated.

I had V-6 on the Inspiration 2 weeks ago and V-9 on the Fantasy back in Apr. What I thought was funny..On the Inspiration, I "tryed" to put one of the balcony chairs inside the cabin to gain space since i had the cabin to myself..No matter what i tryed it would NOT fit through the door, without tossing over the rail and take it inside through the front door. No, i didnt do that, I left it out there. After looking at front door of cabin, I would think it would not fit either. Im not a large person..6-3, 155. So I can move around the small balcony and just hang my feet over when sitting in chair.

I like those cabins and can care less what they cost. I save my money for a good cruise and a good cabin is part of it. I get balconys on every ship and the older ships Ill pay for the OS cabins. Only wish those ships did more 7 day trips. The 5 days are to short.

As long as the word gets out that people "should not book these cabins because there a waste of money", it will have more cabins avalible for me to book.

As far as the "add on" balconys, After seeing some pics of one. I wont book those. I still dont like the "small" window next to the door leading out to the balcony. Makes the cabin look tiny and dark. At least the OS cabins has a nice large window you can still see out while laying flat in bed.

We really can't beat the price on the OS. It is $80/pp each less than the balconies. And looking at the pictures on Cruise****plans.com the difference in the size of the windows is enormous! I guess my only concern is whether or not people can smoke on the deck below.

We are thinking of getting V16, looks like a great location. We are going to make our decision this week.

• 1 month later...

CJW,

Hi there, hope you and that lovely family are doing well.

I have a question for you. Knowing just how much we love the

"V deck"...thought if anyone had any information, you would be the person to ask.

Have you been on the Paradise lately? I know that it will be coming to Tampa later this year. We were already booked in that "special" cabin;):D for 2012 when we found out that the Inspiration would be leaving and the Paradise taking her place.

I'm wondering if you or anyone has any recent photos and if these cabins have been updated and refurbished. It may be that I just need to another Fantasy class ship real quick.

The trip last week on The Inspiration was wonderful. Our PVP has suggested that "the cabin" be designated as "The Thomas Suite".:D

Thanks for any help that you can provide. Have a wonderful day.:)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...