Celebrity Edge -- Eastern Caribbean -- Aug 28 - Sept 4

karl_nj

Enjoyed  reading your review.  I am on the September 25  Edge cruise, same ports.  I started out with an Aqua cabin, but after really researching found out my cabin was an infinite veranda. Never sailed in one and  I was pretty unhappy that I didn't have a standard balcony .   I called to change to one with a regular balcony but alas, none available. Thought about it (I really wanted to eat in Blu also)  After about a week or so, I decided to go to a sky suite.  Didn't cost as much as I thought it might, so pulled the lever.  This is  a special cruise, my first outing since losing my husband in late 2019 and wanted to feel that  peace and serenity one more time when watching  the moon, or eating on the balcony    reflection. ..  , ..  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jamon said:

karl_nj.......what if you don't have access to the app, like I have a dumb phone? I assume you can do the health and safety questions at the port, also watching the video in your cabin when you get on...is that correct?????

not a dumb phone, just an uneducated one. lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jamon said:

karl_nj.......what if you don't have access to the app, like I have a dumb phone? I assume you can do the health and safety questions at the port, also watching the video in your cabin when you get on...is that correct?????

I would assume so. The TV was on in the stateroom and it looked like you could take care of the muster drill items on there. You could also check your account balance on your TV, and celebrity also still gives the daily schedule in paper form the night before.  They had tablets setup in the shore excursion area if you wanted to sign up for port excursions yourself without a phone. Restaurants still have paper menus, no QR code nonsense. Basically a smart phone is still optional on celebrity as far as I could tell. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. A small group and myself are going Oct 23.  I have some Entertainment questions.  The last i heard the ship had a White party, 70's night and the typical Ball drop new years party.  Do the 3 of these still exist? I really don't want to be the only one in bell bottoms and a fake Fro!

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, conodor said:

Thanks for the review. A small group and myself are going Oct 23.  I have some Entertainment questions.  The last i heard the ship had a White party, 70's night and the typical Ball drop new years party.  Do the 3 of these still exist? I really don't want to be the only one in bell bottoms and a fake Fro!

Thanks!

On my sailing I believe they combined the white party with a silent disco, I didn't attend.

I didn't see anything about a ball drop or a 70's night.  My mother pointed out that on Celebrity Edge most of the time when a music decade was mentioned, it was the 1980's (e.g. 80's music trivia, etc.)  Which I guess makes sense, since it seems like the target demographic for the ship might be empty nester couples a few years older than my wife and I (e.g. early 50's, rather then late 40's).

When Celebrity hits the 1990's era and has grunge night, I guess i'll know they are finally targeting me, haha.  Not sure that flannel shirts go well with the Caribbean though...

Thanks for the update. I would also fall under the 90's grunge music. Time to find a short sleeved flannel for that night!  Thanks again for the update.  

my mother and aunt already got some bell bottoms. I told them i'd buy some kind of shirt to fit in. make a fun night out of it!

• 3 months later...

Any chance you can share with me how the connecting cabin doors worked - and where it was located in the cabin. We are booked in connecting Infinite Balcony rooms with our kids in March 2023 and I can't find any information on how the connecting rooms work.  Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, GEMomTo3 said:

Any chance you can share with me how the connecting cabin doors worked - and where it was located in the cabin. We are booked in connecting Infinite Balcony rooms with our kids in March 2023 and I can't find any information on how the connecting rooms work.  Thanks in advance!

It's different than other ships I have been on.  The connecting door is actually two thin doors, and they have auto closers so they are always in the "closed" position.  you can't really leave it open. 

I don't exactly recall where the door was located.  Within the room though, not near the "balcony" area.