Pride of America assistance

dogdoc2002

My wife and I are looking at POA for a November 2022 sailing. We actually sailed her in July 2006 (our first ever cruise) and have sailed on Princess several times since. We know POA is not typical NCL sailing due to the American flaggin of the ship. Can anyone highlight big differences (pros and cons)? Does anyone know if they still do the lava sail by (once sailings resume of course)? Is 1 side better than the other do the Na'Pali coat sailing (we can't recall if it just goes down the coast or turns so both sides get a viewing).

Thanks! 

The lava sail by depends on whether there is anything to see. When we were there we didn’t know until the day whether it was going to happen.

For the Na Pali coast you first sail with the view to port side and then turn back. We were a lot further away on the return, but it had started raining so that may have had an effect. If you want to see it from your balcony I would stay port side.

Lots of people say about the POA being different from usual cruises, but we found the differences didnt really impact us much. It’s a busy cruise, so you are likely to spend less time onboard or using the facilities, but that is more to do with the itinerary than the ship.

• Like 1