Amber Cover/Princess question

dogdoc2002

Our upcoming December Regal Princess had a change of port from Grand Turk to Amber Cove on our 4 day sailing. With things in continuous flux with COVID, we're looking at booking all our excursions through Princess. I saw there was a shopping area and pool area, water slides, etc at the port. Does anyone know if these are free or for fee? There were very few excursions offered via Princess for this port, so we're considering just wandering the port (assuming we're allowed to do so without a "bubble tour" and a catamaran/snorkel trip.

Thanks

On 10/25/2021 at 11:19 PM, dogdoc2002 said:

Our upcoming December Regal Princess had a change of port from Grand Turk to Amber Cove on our 4 day sailing. With things in continuous flux with COVID, we're looking at booking all our excursions through Princess. I saw there was a shopping area and pool area, water slides, etc at the port. Does anyone know if these are free or for fee? There were very few excursions offered via Princess for this port, so we're considering just wandering the port (assuming we're allowed to do so without a "bubble tour" and a catamaran/snorkel trip.

Thanks

I’m on the November 29 regal princess and the same exact thing happened to our cruise. The pool and water slides are free. Zip lining is $20 for as many times as you like. There are a few places to buy food and drinks. I looked at a few menus and it seems like your usual overpriced tourist prices. There’s a few area you can walk around and get some pretty pictures and there are a few shops to buy your souvenirs and things. The walk from the ship is about 10 minutes and you can tip a pedicab driver to bicycle you down the path. We plan to get off and take a few pictures and buy a few souvenirs and maybe dip our toes in the pool or try the waterslide. None of the excursions seemed very appealing to me either. I even went on YouTube to see what people were doing and it looks like they were paying a lot of money to a cab driver to drive them to a resort or beach that doesn’t even look as nice as what they have right there at the port. And we have princess cay on our itinerary too, so we will still have a lovely beach day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

I’m on the November 29 regal princess and the same exact thing happened to our cruise. The pool and water slides are free. Zip lining is $20 for as many times as you like. There are a few places to buy food and drinks. I looked at a few menus and it seems like your usual overpriced tourist prices. There’s a few area you can walk around and get some pretty pictures and there are a few shops to buy your souvenirs and things. The walk from the ship is about 10 minutes and you can tip a pedicab driver to bicycle you down the path. We plan to get off and take a few pictures and buy a few souvenirs and maybe dip our toes in the pool or try the waterslide. None of the excursions seemed very appealing to me either. I even went on YouTube to see what people were doing and it looks like they were paying a lot of money to a cab driver to drive them to a resort or beach that doesn’t even look as nice as what they have right there at the port. And we have princess cay on our itinerary too, so we will still have a lovely beach day.

Assuming we're not required to do ship sponsored/bubble tours, we're currently considering an independent excursion to the waterfalls

• Like 1

We are also on the Dec 9th 4 day cruise on the Regal.  I'm really hoping we can walk around on our own without a ship excursion.  The PediCab sounds like fun.  Has anyone ever done one?  

I also read that cruises used to go to Amber Cove up until 1995, then not again until 2015.  Does anyone know why no cruise ships went there for 20 years?