San Pedro Port-Park & Cruise

aisling323

We live about 3-1/2 hours from the port and had planned to drive in the day of our cruise, until I found a really good deal on a park and cruise at a San Pedro motel. If we get the room, it will only cost us about $30 more than what we would have spent on parking at the port. We'd also get in a day earlier, which would quash any fears about car troubles on the way or other traffic hold-ups. Plus we'd get to have extra time to explore the San Pedro area and be able to get up at a decent hour on cruise day so we wouldn't be tied from travel.

The flip side to this is that the motel is a Vagabond and the reviews on it are not he best. Granted, we'd only need it for sleeping and showering purposes, so I'm not too concerned whether it's 5 star or not. I am concerned about the safety of our car. Not sure if this parking lot would be as safe as the port's. We'd get a free hotel shuttle to the port, but we'd have to find our own transportation back. I'm assuming taxi's are readily available, but wanted to check with you all to be sure.

Have any of you ever done a park and cruise or have any input about it?

Thanks for your reply. I did check Tripadvisor and the reviews weren't great, but we're not that worried about the hotel itself, since it's not a vacation room, just a place to sleep. What I'm more concerned with is whether San Pedro is safe to leave the car for 5 days (other than the port), and if we will be able to easily find a taxi after the cruise.

Thanks for your reply. I did check Tripadvisor and the reviews weren't great, but we're not that worried about the hotel itself, since it's not a vacation room, just a place to sleep. What I'm more concerned with is whether San Pedro is safe to leave the car for 5 days (other than the port), and if we will be able to easily find a taxi after the cruise.

I can't comment about parking in general (we stayed at the LA Harbor Hotel, which only has valet parking, which was fine), but I don't recall seeing any taxis when we got off the ship. Maybe they were hiding somewhere I wasn't looking. There were, however, no shortage of vans, and I do recall seeing taxis when we got on board so I don't think it would be hard to call one.

-Y

Archived