Emblematic Antarctica 11/17/21

ethan1171

Is anyone on the 11/17 Antarctica cruise either L'Austral or Le Boreal? It would be great to get some insights if you have received your documents from Ponant regarding COVID process, hotel in Buenos Aires, charter flights to USH etc.  And also post here your experiences during the cruise.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 30 days away from my Antarctica cruise.  After 3 cancellations we are very excited.  Going on L'Austral 12/18/ 2021- 1/4/2022.  I know the hotel in Buenos Aires is the HIlton Buenos Aires.  End of Oct we got medical paperwork to filll out and it did ask us about our vaccination status.  I spoke to Ponant this week and found out that for now, we are flying down to Ushuaia at 9 AM arrive around lunch time.  Our return flight to Buenos Aires is tentatively scheduled to leave around 9:30 am and should arrive at EZE at 1:30 PM.  If you would like I can update more after I return.

I was on a cruise in Oct to Corsica.  The week before, we  had all our paperwork emailed to me.  We had to show our vaccine card before we boarded and they did do a temperature check.  On board daily we did a temp check.  Protocol was to wear a mask while inside the ship which most guests did.  I felt VERY comfortable on board.

Thank you for the response. We are on with Lyrial Feb 19 - March 2. It seems all 4 Ponant ships are on the Antarctica itineraries currently, Le Lyrial, Le Boreal, L'Austral and the Commandant Charcot. We are on a good start and we feel more and more comfortable about our February Antarctica cruise.

It's useful to get details from passengers on current trips or before ours as it helps with the preparation especially when it comes to COVID procedures

• Like 1