Port Everglades rental car locations

CategoryQ

I rented a van from Budget for our family cruise in February for pick up at Port Everglades then drop off at FLL airport. We don't depart until 8:30pm. There is a shuttle for Port Everglades rental. I did a copy and paste of Budget Port info as follows:

Ft Lauderdale Cruiseport Shttl (EV3)

Address:

2520 Miami Rd,
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316, United States

Phone:

(1) 954-761-7231

Location Type:

Corporate

Hours of Operation:

Sun 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Holiday Hours:

CHRISTMAS EVE   December  24  08:00AM - 06:00PM
CHRISTMAS DAY   December  25  08:00AM - 03:00PM
NEW YEARS EVE   December  31  08:00AM - 06:00PM

NEW YEARS DAY   January  1  09:00AM - 02:00PM

Free pickup service available 

16 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

I rented a van from Budget for our family cruise in February for pick up at Port Everglades then drop off at FLL airport. We don't depart until 8:30pm. There is a shuttle for Port Everglades rental. I did a copy and paste of Budget Port info as follows:

Ft Lauderdale Cruiseport Shttl (EV3)

Address:

2520 Miami Rd,
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316, United States

Phone:

(1) 954-761-7231

Location Type:

Corporate

Hours of Operation:

Sun 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Holiday Hours:

CHRISTMAS EVE   December  24  08:00AM - 06:00PM
CHRISTMAS DAY   December  25  08:00AM - 03:00PM
NEW YEARS EVE   December  31  08:00AM - 06:00PM

NEW YEARS DAY   January  1  09:00AM - 02:00PM

Free pickup service available 

I have never left out of Port Everglades.   how far is the port terminal from the budget drop off location?   They have a shuttle from drop off to the terminal?    I'm trying to figure out the best way to get there from Miami (downtown)

On 12/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, Ashland said:

We've used Thrifty/Dollar just outside the PE terminal gate Miami Road and also Budget on 17th Street. I believe these are still operating. 

I created a separate thread about this in October (just bumped it up) - but it seems that the Thrifty/Dollar right outside PE Terminal is no longer open.

Tried to reserve for a sailing in March, but I'm unable to.  Called, got no answer.  And tried to make a dummy-booking for other dates later in the year... couldn't do that either.

I may have to look into Budget now.  Or just return the car at FLL and taxi/uber to the port.

2 hours ago, Nabalab said:

I created a separate thread about this in October (just bumped it up) - but it seems that the Thrifty/Dollar right outside PE Terminal is no longer open.

Tried to reserve for a sailing in March, but I'm unable to.  Called, got no answer.  And tried to make a dummy-booking for other dates later in the year... couldn't do that either.

I may have to look into Budget now.  Or just return the car at FLL and taxi/uber to the port.

Thanks for that info and surprised to hear about Thrifty/Dollar as that was a great location. Perhaps some other company has or will take that location.

Just Googled the address and it does look like Budget/Avis/Payless has set up shop there. Good choice !!

Edited by Ashland
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks for that info and surprised to hear about Thrifty/Dollar as that was a great location. Perhaps some other company has or will take that location.

Just Googled the address and it does look like Budget/Avis/Payless has set up shop there. Good choice !!

Budget/Payless is 2520 Miami Road, Thrifty/Dollar is (or was) down the road 2400 Miami Road.

Will look into that, thank you!

Again, "worst" case scenario is returning the car to FLL.

budget.jpg

• Like 2