San Sebastian (Donastia) - port location

Harters

Can anyone please confirm where ships moor?

There seems to be little online (including the city's tourism website) and I'm interested to know if the port is central for the city or some kilometres away. We have a morning ship's excursion booked which is a tapas tour of the "old town" but will have a couple of hours in afternoon to do "something" on our own.

TIA

John

1 hour ago, Harters said:

Can anyone please confirm where ships moor?

There seems to be little online (including the city's tourism website) and I'm interested to know if the port is central for the city or some kilometres away. We have a morning ship's excursion booked which is a tapas tour of the "old town" but will have a couple of hours in afternoon to do "something" on our own.

TIA

John

Donostia is the Basque name for San Sebastián. Same place. The port is central.

Edited by marazul

Thanks. I presume it must be near to the small boats marina, which I can see on Google Maps.

Yes, I know that's the Basque name - I added it to the thread title to distinguish it from San Sebastian de La Gomera which came up more often in my Google searches than the city on the mainland.

5 hours ago, Harters said:

Thanks. I presume it must be near to the small boats marina, which I can see on Google Maps.

Yes, I know that's the Basque name - I added it to the thread title to distinguish it from San Sebastian de La Gomera which came up more often in my Google searches than the city on the mainland.

Large cruise ships dock in the Pasaia Port (Pasaiako Portua) on the east side of the city.  It's 10 km (6 miles) from the center of town.  Check with your cruise line.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pasaiako+Portua/@43.3146637,-1.9775467,13.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd51a5fd451d22cd:0xf4a0fced7463ff26!8m2!3d43.3224703!4d-1.9106446?hl=en

https://www.pasaiaport.eus/en/port/find-out-about-port/introduction

17 hours ago, marazul said:

Large cruise ships dock in the Pasaia Port

That makes sense. I'd looked at the map and the area round the small boats marina in the centre of the city didnt feel big enough to be a cruise ship dock