Our review of the Constitution Chesapeake Bay Cruise (11/14/21) has been posted

Joanandjoe

See https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=683820&et_cid=3500453&et_rid=48187025&et_referrer=Boards_Million_Member_Newsub

We had a few typos in the review, but we don't know how to correct them.  The last paragraph was about disembarkation, not embarkation, and the ARMY museum in in Yorktown is The American Revolution Museum at Yorktown, not the American Revolutionary War Museum at Yorktown.  Perhaps our host Jazzbeau can make the corrections.

All in all, quite a nice cruise.  BTW, masks were required in all indoor areas, including buses and excursion locations, and compliance was 100% for the crew and well over 90% for passengers.  If I were to rewrite the review, I'd add this comment.

• Like 1

I don't think that Reviews can be corrected – certainly not by me.  The Reviews section of Cruise Critic is separate from the Boards.  [On a related note, I asked why the News section hadn't been updated since Dec. 23 and was just told that the 'office' was closed from Dec. 23 to Jan. 3 – that's probably why your review took so long to post.]

Why not repost the corrected text here?

Thank you for your review JoanandJoe. I have decided to cancel my cruise, East Coast Inland Passage, this April. I had originally booked an oceanview cabin - all that was available. There is now a balcony cabin open. The cruiseline has raised their prices since I booked. They want to only give me credit for the old price of my cabin, yet charge me the new price for the balcony. Most lines will give you today's credit for your cabin and charge the difference for the upgrade. Their way, they will resell my cabin for the higher price, and charge me the higher price - thereby doubledipping. They are not giving me any credit for booking months ago - but want to charge me as if I am just booking today for the first time. It's not like these cabins are inexpensive to begin with.

I know you very much enjoyed your cruise, but I have been reading others that were dissatisfied and many, many Better Business Bureau complaints that were poorly addressed, and money not returned.

I spoke with two levels of management to try to plead my case - their only response - "this is our company's policy."

I am quite afraid that if I move forward with this cruise, that I will be unhappy with no recourse, or even any expectation of customer service from American Cruise Lines.

To those that enjoy this cruiseline - great. For those that haven't been - beware.