Covid posative

Does anyone know if you test positive on a home lateral flow test prior to cruise us this enough as proof to inform the cruiseline to change your booking or do you need a full pcr.  Just thinking in the area where I live it's really hard to get a per and sometimes results are taking days to come through.

Edited by daynorhall
Spelling

• daynorhall changed the title to Covid posative

I believe that Marella  will let you change your cruise date up to 28 days before departure. If you test positive after that it’s a travel insurance claim. If you test positive on your purchased lateral flow test on the day before departure you would be denied boarding at the airport

Good luck..

From Tui website - 

We promise you the flexibility to make changes to your cruise.

• You can make a change fee-free from now up until 28 days before your original departure date if:   
-You’re due to travel between 1 February 2022 and 30 April 2022. 

• You can make a change fee-free from now up until 14 days before your departure date if:
-You’re due to travel between 1 January and 31 January 2022

And – if your situation changes and you’re unable to travel due to the following reasons – you can make a fee-free change right up until your day of departure (subject to conditions below):
 If you or someone in your party tests positive for COVID-19
 If you’re officially required to self-isolate*
 If there’s a local lockdown in the area you live in and you’re unable to travel*
 If vaccination, testing or quarantine requirements have changed since you booked and you are therefore no longer able to travel*

* For bookings that include a non-TUI Airways flight – if you notify us of a fee-free COVID-19 related change within 72 hours of your planned departure, you’ll need to change your holiday to one that includes a TUI Airways flight.

16 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

From Tui website - 

We promise you the flexibility to make changes to your cruise.

• You can make a change fee-free from now up until 28 days before your original departure date if:   
-You’re due to travel between 1 February 2022 and 30 April 2022. 

• You can make a change fee-free from now up until 14 days before your departure date if:
-You’re due to travel between 1 January and 31 January 2022

And – if your situation changes and you’re unable to travel due to the following reasons – you can make a fee-free change right up until your day of departure (subject to conditions below):
 If you or someone in your party tests positive for COVID-19
 If you’re officially required to self-isolate*
 If there’s a local lockdown in the area you live in and you’re unable to travel*
 If vaccination, testing or quarantine requirements have changed since you booked and you are therefore no longer able to travel*

* For bookings that include a non-TUI Airways flight – if you notify us of a fee-free COVID-19 related change within 72 hours of your planned departure, you’ll need to change your holiday to one that includes a TUI Airways flight.

I stand corrected.🤦🏼

14 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

I stand corrected.🤦🏼

Brummijam - I only knew because we moved our Jan 4th cruise to a land based holiday at short notice. Things are changing that fast since Omicron, that anyone who is about to cruise, needs to keep checking Gov websites and Tui.

For once, I was impressed by Tui, as we changed to a cheaper holiday, and received a refund within 48hrs

Edited by howmuch!