Just off the Breeze 1/3-1/8

gigem_aggies

Great cruise.  Our 4th since the restart.  

Cruise started with Erin as the cruise director, but at Cozumel she got off (to go to Italy to be on the Horizon's journey back).  Cookie was onboard and quarantined (because he was on vacation and just came back onboard--CDC requires new crew to quarantine when they come back on), but acted as cruise director from his room.  The fun squad took over most events.  It was fine, but he was definitely missed!

I didn't notice a ton of crew members missing.  Service was good just about everywhere we went.  I did notice some Cucina waiters in the steakhouse, but maybe that is normal (they had on the black Cucina shirts vs, the white shirts with the tie).  We only did the MDR 2 nights and our service was great.  We did sushi, steakhouse, and cucina the other 3 nights.  All good foods--no complaints on our food!

Most of the shows in the theater were canceled, but we don't typically do shows.  No piano bar either.  I've heard different theories on why they canceled--technical issues, quarantined performers, family emergency for the pianist, etc.  

The Breeze band in Ocean Plaza was only around the last part of our cruise and 1/2 of the band was missing until the last night.  We always love watching them.

Mask compliance was good, at least what I saw.  We spent the majority of our days outside though, so didn't worry about masking there.

Our kids were able to attend Camp Ocean.  It was nice that the activities for camp are now posted in the Hub app (under kids and teens).  They were open 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10 most days.  No night owls.

We unfortunately did bring back an unwanted souvenir--positive for Covid.  BUT, honestly, it's everywhere at the moment and we did everything we could to avoid it.  Seriously--we masked up, rarely took the elevator, practiced good handwashing, etc. but part of our group still came back positive.  Symptoms are very mild though and we will be fine.  And, quite frankly if given the choice between catching Covid on a cruise ship or catching Covid at work, I'd take the cruise any day.  😉  Thankfully, our symptoms did not start until Friday night when we were packing to get off in the morning, so we were able to enjoy all of our cruise just fine.  No, we did not alert anyone on board Friday night as the only symptom we had at that time was a stuffy nose.  That could have been weather or allergy related so we waited until we got home a few hours after debarkation (we live near the port) to test.

Despite this, we had a great trip and I would cruise again in a heart beat!  You just have to know it's possible with this current variant.  But, then again--it's possible anywhere.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the recap.  We are gonna be doing the 5 day Breeze on the 31st and can't wait. 

How crowded was the ship?  I am secretly hoping a lot of people take advantage of the current cancelation offer and I have a huge quite ship all to ourselves.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, valandemmy said:

Thanks for the recap.  We are gonna be doing the 5 day Breeze on the 31st and can't wait. 

How crowded was the ship?  I am secretly hoping a lot of people take advantage of the current cancelation offer and I have a huge quite ship all to ourselves.  

Someone from our roll call said they heard about 53%.  It never felt too crowded!  Always could find a lounger, a spot at the bar, etc.  Embarkation was quick as was debarkation.  We were platinum and had 10:00-10:30 boarding group A1 and we were on the ship by 10:40 am.  We carried our luggage off the ship and were through customs and at our car in 30 minutes.