dolphintours or captain larry? which one?

showdog

I don't have an answer for you showdog, but I'm contemplating the same thing. I haven't looked at dolphintours but the two I'm checking out are Capt. Larry's and Alaskawhalewatch.com. The advantage of the first one, (from what I've learned here), is that no one beats Larry's expertise and sense of fun and excitement. But the second one allows you to have the boat to yourselves if you're traveling with another couple or small group. Hmmmm.....:confused:

I'm not really torn between these 2 any more because the dolphin tours only has an 11:30 or 11:40 am left. I really don't want to do this one.

I've been on Captain Larry before. It was really nice. I wanted to try something smaller but I'm worried that they won't be as good as him.

My choices now are www.akwhalewatching.com or Captain Larry. The place you're thinking about www.alaskawhalewatch.com was also nice but they didn't have the times I wanted to go left.

She only had a late afternoon.

The only problem I see with the really small boats is how long it takes to get to where the whales are. I have gone with Capt Larry when he had to boogy fast for 20-30 minutes just to get out to where he knew the whales were. If the boat is slower, you won't have much time for viewing. Plus many people can't stand a zodiac or really small boat at high speed w/o getting sick.

Archived