Hotel needed in Rome for family of 4

okiedrifters

Hi! 
 We are getting a late start booking today and I have started the process of booking hotels, etc for pre cruise in Rome. We are a family of 4, would like to be fairly near the City center and do not need luxurious…just middle of the road, good location, clean, teen friendly.  

Also, If you have suggestions for others that may be a bit further out, but offer transportation to city center etc please let me know. 

I read through a few previous posts but didn’t see any reference to families of 4 in one room. We have teen girls and do not want to split up…

Any help is appreciated…thanks so much! 

I'll be honest -- hotel rooms for four people in Rome are rare, and generally pricey. Especially if you are, as you say, starting late, they may be hard to find (already booked). Also read the text carefully as often what is offered for four people may be one queen bed + one sleeper couch.  That may be okay for you but just be sure you know what you're getting.

Some nice hotels in the central area that do offer accommodations for four in a room include Hotel Artemide (good location) and Hotel Quirinale (very nice hotel but less good location).

Would you consider two connecting rooms?

• Like 1

My Son-in-law booked a room for 4 at this hotel.  When he got there he was told it would not accommodate  4 although he was able to book it that way.  They had a non-connecting room with both doors inside a vestibule with a door that could be locked so only their 2 doors were within the vestibule.  It worked.  They did not charge him for the extra room - he's a good negotiator.  That said, Rome hotels rooms  are small and I would get 2 rooms.  Call any hotel and negotiate.  I think it was close to the metro which was super easy to navigate.

Best western Plus Hotel Universo

Roma, 
00185, Italy

Thank you to everyone who replied! I am pleased to announce that I booked a B&B 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite in the city center. Both rooms have King sized beds and also a pullout sofa which won’t be needed. It was more towards the spendy side but the option was better for us than separate rooms. 

Thanks again! CC buddies are the best!! 

• Like 2