Clothes shopping 4 a teen girl in Rome

We will be staying in a hotel very near the Spanish Steps. Cany anyone suggest some fun clothing shops to take a petite (5'1") 15 year old girl shopping for clothes? We are absolutely not looking for designer labels as she is not a slave to fashion, but she would have fun finding clothes she cannot get in the US. We are both somewhat conservative in our fashion styles(no Brittany Spears or Jessica Simpson trashy girl fashions!). Is there any particular street where we should focus our time on?

Thanks

There are two chains of clothing stores that carry great fashions and are very inexpensive. They are H&M (from Sweden) and Zara (from Spain) Check with your hotel concierge, but I would imagine that they both have stores in Rome.

You header doesn't show us where you're from, but if you don't have these stores in your hometown in the US, I think your daughter would love them both. If time is tight and you can only go to one, I'd go to H&M.

Jane

We were in Rome last October and I found a wonderful little store called CHOPIN ROMA. It is on Via del Corso, walking distance from the Spanish Steps. I was looking for a place to shop for me and my teenage daughters that was reasonably priced and had clothes with a Rome flair! This was the place. I couldnt believe how great the prices were and there was so much to choose from. You have to check it out. I bought lots of sweaters, skirts, and jeans. They are also tagged with the store logo so it made great souviners! Their phone number is 066781984. Have fun shopping because there are so many places in that area.

My former teens (now 20 and 26 and fashion conscious, as all Italian girls are) loved Zara, Onyx and for even lower prices try the chains, Coin, Upim , Oviesse and Rinascente .

Actually most clothing here in Italy costs more than in USA but the lingerie such as that at Intimissime is far sexier. There is a great book "Designer Bargains in Italy" written by Dutch expat Theodora van Meurs (my daughters are scouts for her) now in its 5th edition (the Italian edition is in its 9th I think) . You can order direct www.scoprioccasioni.it or find it on amazon. Who would have guessed that even Bulgari jewellers had an outlet !

Happy Shopping!

I agree the stuff in Italy is actually more expensive than the US but you always have to shop when travelling. We were in Italy in January for the Sales,,,another book is Born to SHop Itay by Suzy Gershman,,,I buy my books on overstock.com....happy shopping....

Wow, thanks to everyone for the wonderful suggestions! We are from Nashville and prior to this, California, so I am not familiar with H&M from either of these parts of the US. I miss Nordstrom's soooo much!

My daughter is currently a size 2-4 petite. She is only a little over 5 feet tall. What size will this equal in European sizes clothes?

I can't wait to hit some of these stores!

Archived