Alexandria Eqypt

cruisinsusin

We will have 1.5 days in Alexandria port on a November Azamara cruise. As it is our first time in Egypt, the full day will be to visit Cairo and Giza pyramids. I cannot find much on Alexandria itself in the Africa/Middle East port of call forum. There is only one cruise ship excursion posted for the half day and it sounds like a bus trip around the area. We dont mind DIY- any suggestions from those who have been  there?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 12:30 PM, cruisinsusin said:

We will have 1.5 days in Alexandria port on a November Azamara cruise. As it is our first time in Egypt, the full day will be to visit Cairo and Giza pyramids. I cannot find much on Alexandria itself in the Africa/Middle East port of call forum. There is only one cruise ship excursion posted for the half day and it sounds like a bus trip around the area. We dont mind DIY- any suggestions from those who have been  there?

Thanks in advance

We'll be on the Azamara Journey in Alexandria Nov 16 - 17.  I wasn't thrilled with the shore excursion options offered so am checking into using Ramses Tours.  

HI and thanks for your reply. We typically do private tours but with the distance to Cairo and the fact that the full day is also departure day, decided to book a ship tour for the pyramids. Am still looking at what to do locally for the half day.

11 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

HI and thanks for your reply. We typically do private tours but with the distance to Cairo and the fact that the full day is also departure day, decided to book a ship tour for the pyramids. Am still looking at what to do locally for the half day.

We will do a ship excursion for the full day for the same reason but will probably book a private half day for Alexandria. 

• 1 month later...

We just signed up with Ramses Tours. I have had a wonderful experience with Ramses Tours in Luxor from Safaga Port. We are looking forward to experiencing the same satisfaction on our excursion to Cairo From Alexandria Port.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, cruisinsusin said:

Thanks in advance

Having a horrible time trying to do this on my phone… please excuse previous post😞

Our ship overnighted in Alexandria. My

husband had been to Cairo 40 years

earlier so we decided to book a 2-day

tour with Ramses. Mina was a wonderful

guide whose English was perfect. He was so informative and continued to

educate us regarding things we'd

learned in other countries but we were

able to connect more dots. The

scheduled Sound & Light show was

canceled but Mina came up with

alternative options on the fly. Adhem, our driver, was definitely a talented driver who drove flawlessly in the challenging environment of Alexandria & Cairo. Would definitely use Ramses, Mina and Adhem in the future.

• Thanks 1