Travel/entry requirements for Cruise and tour of Galapagos/Quito?

4774Papa

I discovered on the internet that Ecuador has relaxed its requirement for entry into that country. 

This is what the requirements were prior to the change:

"National and foreign travelers 16 years and older must show proof of vaccination with all Covid-19 vaccine doses administrated at least 14 days prior to entry AND a negative RT-PCR test administrated no more than 72 hours prior to the flight to Ecuador."

These are the new requirements:

"Upon entry to Ecuador, all travelers 3 years and older must provide:

A COVID-19 vaccination card with QR code or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing the traveler received a complete series of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Ecuador, or

Proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to Ecuador, and;

A declaration of traveler health (the declaration is available on the Ministry of Public Health website)."

The declaration form was a requirement before as well.

I called Celebrity to make sure of the requirements.   I was told that we still needed to be fully vaccinated AND we needed a negative COVID19 test, but an antigen test was sufficient.

Perhaps this is a Celebrity requirement?  However, I went to the website and it gave me the same information that I discovered recently.  ALso, the Delta website indicated that travel to Ecuador was the new requirement.

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

The requirements for entry you listed are the countries requirements. The same as how celebrity requires a covid test to cruise out of Florida, they may also be requiring one for the Galapagos cruise.

Yes, I suspect that Celebrity is requiring both the vaccine and test instead of vaccine or test.  However, I couldn't get the Celebrity rep on the phone to tell me the source of the requirement.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

Yes, I suspect that Celebrity is requiring both the vaccine and test instead of vaccine or test.  However, I couldn't get the Celebrity rep on the phone to tell me the source of the requirement.

the requirement is celebrities. The country requirements are publicly available. I took a non-celebrity Galapagos cruise last year and nothing outside what is published is required for other cruise lines. You will have to show your vaccine card to get on your international flight into the country. Everything celebrity requires is from them.