Is QM2 Pavilion pool currently open?

bunny76

• 2 weeks later...

Might be too late but: The Pavillion pool was closed for maintenance 15-20th March. The staff didn't seem to know when it'd reopen. The hot tubs were open and all the outside pools/tubs were open. I only tried the Minnows pool on deck 6 but it was heated.

Thanks for your reply - yes we had sailed by 21st.  Pursers desk said on board  QM2 on sailing day 15th March, that it was closed for maintenance and didn't know when it would re-open ; they said there was a problem with the pump. They said it had been working for the previous Caribbean trip.  It still wasn't fixed when we disembarked at Southampton on Sun 20th so I don't know when it would be working again as no-where to get a new pump on the transatlantic trip?

Although the outdoor Terrace pool was heated there are no changing rooms nearby. The weather was too cold and windy  the first few days  but I did swim the last 2 days in there  -though still rather parky getting out, as the wind chill was still there despite the sun coming out- I guess it was only mid-March. I dried in several towels as best I could then put a beach dress on to go back to the cabin.The ladies toilets on that deck are not big enough to change in, and you would have to walk through the Verandah restaurant in wet swimsuit and towels to change in the indoor toilets there- even with a robe on , not ideal.

I decided to book the Spa for 4 days ( 2 hour sessions per day- you couldn't split them as they had a 1 hour cleaning in between each session.) The Spa pool is 5ft deep and I could do about 6 to  8 strokes from one end to the other ( provided no-one in the way). I tried to use the flow of bubbles from the top end as an "against the current" swim but it wasn't ideal. But it was something of a swim while the weather outside wasn't so good. I thought the Minnows pool ( meant for children?) would be too shallow for a decent length swim. I didn't try the hot tubs as I like to swim lengths.

Minnows pool is actually deep enough to swim. Also the hot tub there is larger and generally quieter. I agree that the access to the pool area via the Verandah is rather poor design. We used deck 6 (I think) corridors.